2007 Defender 90 hard top or doublecab 110 picckup

Im looking at buying a new defender ,ive always had 90 county hard top in the past 4 in total ,I like the 110 doublecab pickup but im not sure if i could live with one on a daily basis any one changed their 90 for 110 DCPU or vice versa Iknow both cars have their pros & cons the 110 heavier more mpg parking problems ,cant store gear in pickup bed but then 5 comfortable seats ????? comments please

Of the two I'd go for the 110 DCPU. Still a Light Goods (unlike the station wagon) vehicle so you won't fall foul of the new road tax hike.

The extra distance between the axles does give it a better ride than a 90. Plus the extra windows give better visibility than a 90 HT.

I agree a 110 is a little more tricky to park, but the fuel economy difference is hardly noticable.

Unless you are going to go serious offroading (as in trials etc..) or live in a busy town where parking is hell, then keep with a 90.

Rich

Guest diesel_jim
Of the two I'd go for the 110 DCPU. Still a Light Goods (unlike the station wagon) vehicle so you won't fall foul of the new road tax hike.

Don't count on that.... as it can carry 5 passengers it'll be classed as a "car", we just got stung at work with my 12 seater 110, classed as a car and a fine of £13k from the inland revenue!!! :blink::blink:

we looked into all the minute detail, and the double cab isn't exempt. :angry::angry:

A double cab pick up LR type or the japenese sort?

new defender looks pretty smart but only 4 seats, not sure if fold down bench seats would pass (maybe if they were removed for MOT you could still get it as a 6/7 seater)

never been a fan of 110, too long but thats my opinion, bet a hard sided station wagon wont be as usufull as thought, cant throw anything wet or smelly in the back else the rest will all steam up and slearing bushes along a track, dont want those thrown in amongst your pasngers do you.

thats my 2p worth

(if the later then mines up for sale)

Don't count on that.... as it can carry 5 passengers it'll be classed as a "car", we just got stung at work with my 12 seater 110, classed as a car and a fine of £13k from the inland revenue!!! :blink::blink:

we looked into all the minute detail, and the double cab isn't exempt. :angry::angry:

Hi Jim just looked DVLA site 06 doublecab £175 for 12 months

I was talking about road tax, not company car tax. :)