4x4Adventures Winch Challenge at Uplowman, Tiverton, Devon

JST

KBE - still nothing received entry wise here yet, hope you got the email. i take it a change of heart?

entries in to date:

1. Martin Stainer

2. Ciderman and Lard

3. Pete Mitchell

4. Graeme Mitchell

5. Dan & Bert Smith

6. Bob & Dawn Smith

7. Walfy & Weeble

8. Paul Radford

Marshalls

1. Matt Neal

2. Bull Bar Cowboy tbc

3. Dave

4. Paul

entries in to date:

1. Martin Stainer

2. Ciderman and Lard

3. Pete Mitchell

4. Graeme Mitchell

5. Dan & Bert Smith

6. Bob & Dawn Smith

7. Walfy & Weeble

8. Paul Radford

9. Mike Cuff

Marshalls

1. Matt Neal

2. Bull Bar Cowboy tbc

3. Dave + Jonathon

4. Paul

Final Entry list:

1. Martin Stainer

2. Ciderman and Lard

3. Pete Mitchell

4. Graeme Mitchell

5. Dan & Bert Smith

6. Bob & Dawn Smith

7. Walfy & Weeble

8. Paul Radford

9. Mike Cuff

10. Shaun Houghton

Marshalls

1. Matt Neal

2. Bull Bar Cowboy tbc

3. Dave + Jonathon

4. Paul

Spaces still available if required.

All Competitors and Marshalls shoudl receive an email this pm with directions, please advise if they dont come through.

Well the course has been set!!! It was nice today so thought i would get out and get it done without getting wet for a change.

I think you peeps will have an interesting day on Sat...... its a little wet down there in places getting to the woods but once in its not actually to bad (considering)

and before you ask yes i have noted that you are all std+1 or modified so don't worry there will be something to keep you busy.

Please note that the normal access to the site will NOT be used.

to that end after scrutineering at 0830-0900 the drivers will then follow a lead vehicle down the briefing area.

Anyone arriving late or coming to watch should ideally phone ahead for directions.

And yes Walfy i have made some really hard just like you asked for to scare Dave.

James

We are bringing a 7.5 ton with trailer, will we get in ok. Will we get out ok?.

Bob if we are using the top field for parking , It was very tight squeeze through the gate from the lane and then an uphill slope on wet grass , and we were in a Transit with ifor williams trailer .

We had to tow the van and trailer in and that was back in june when we had our summer :D

Bob if we are using the top field for parking , It was very tight squeeze through the gate from the lane and then an uphill slope on wet grass , and we were in a Transit with ifor williams trailer .

We had to tow the van and trailer in and that was back in june when we had our summer :D

Is it possible to park the lorry at the farm if there is one and drive to the site?.

Bob - parking is in a field at the top of the site as Jase indicates. No parking at the owners farm as its a long way away (its not the one next to the site!!!) entrance to the parking field is a narrow gate and can be slippery, this field is been used soley to test Walfy. When are you guys coming down, where are you staying? i can get you into a yard 3 drive mins from the site but need to meet you (services/Little Chef?) to show you where it is,alternatively Tims is an option, let me know.

Dave driving i think would be the best option as it would be great to see you 'running' around - i suggest boots with good grip having spent most of yesterday falling over i need to invest in some!

James,

Realistically I am not going to make it for marshal duties ...........

The engine will be in by the end of the week but there is still a whole load of setting up to as I will have changed the cooling system, the inlet system, and some of the electrics, then of course I need to tune it with the MS and WB O2 sensor ................. If I can be there I will ............... but don't bank on it....

:)

Ian

James,

Realistically I am not going to make it for marshal duties ...........

The engine will be in by the end of the week but there is still a whole load of setting up to as I will have changed the cooling system, the inlet system, and some of the electrics, then of course I need to tune it with the MS and WB O2 sensor ................. If I can be there I will ............... but don't bank on it....

:)

Ian

no worries Ian, i thought that may be the case from monitoring your other thread. No problem we have more than enough to cope with the dodgy competitors!!! Thank you for letting me know.

no worries Ian, i thought that may be the case from monitoring your other thread. No problem we have more than enough to cope with the dodgy competitors!!! Thank you for letting me know.

especially as tim is not competing

just need to make sure the hobbit is kept on tea making duties and does not do recovery :)

Paul i don't think the hobbit is coming something to do with Ian not competing so he didnt see the point in coming along..... (read ' think he busy)

So you bringing the series down? it would be very useful! (potentially anyway)

especially as tim is not competing

No, i will not bite, water off a ducks back Paul :rolleyes: besides i though you were going to enter one this year !! at this rate Pugwash will be doing one in his truck, before you !! :hysterical::P

not worth entering i would win every time.

( only because i would only have to do one punch in STD class)

would like to enter just need to find the right navigator who has had his brain removed like me

When are you guys coming down, where are you staying? i can get you into a yard 3 drive mins from the site but need to meet you (services/Little Chef?) to show you where it is,alternatively Tims is an option, let me know.

We are coming down fri afternoon around tea time'ish and have booked into a farm B&B near Tiverton.

I guess whichever is nearest would be best.