front anti roll bar

post-3642-1183400450_thumb.jpghi to all you landy owners i have just bought my very first landy it's a 90 county on a 1997 plate i have always loved them since my dad bought his first 110 when i was about 13 he has had discovery's since but the defender has all ways held in my heart any way back to the question in hand i recently had to replace the anti roll bar drop links and my old man said about removeing the front anti roll bar all together we argued about for twenty minutes or so when i finally put my foot down and said it's my landy but just wondering is this to increase articulation as i would'nt have thought they wolud be fitted to older defender any info would be greatly recived

I'd leave it fitted, my '89 110CSW doesn't have a front anti-roll bar fitted but it does on the back, sometimes I'd like a front one as well, earlier 90's either had none fitted or just a rear one, later 90's as ypurs have both, the on road handling may be different if the front is removed, LR fitted it for good reasons.

I'd leave it fitted, my '89 110CSW doesn't have a front anti-roll bar fitted but it does on the back, sometimes I'd like a front one as well, earlier 90's either had none fitted or just a rear one, later 90's as ypurs have both, the on road handling may be different if the front is removed, LR fitted it for good reasons.

I've taken my rear anti roll bar off but have compensated for it by fitting OME 500Kg rear springs. A slightly harder ride but no roll.

Never had one on the front but don't notice much roll their either, again due to OME springs.

John

Ok I know mines a Disco, but, I have taken both of them off of mine and I have no problems with the on road handling (as long as you don't drive it like it's a sports car.) I fact I find it handles more predictably without them and I also get slightly better articulcation off-road.

Pete.

Ok I know mines a Disco, but, I have taken both of them off of mine and I have no problems with the on road handling (as long as you don't drive it like it's a sports car.) I fact I find it handles more predictably without them and I also get slightly better articulcation off-road.

Pete.

My '02 110 CSW has no anti-roll bars and I've never had cause to think of fitting them. If your unsure you could try removing the bars and driving around for a while, if you don't like the handling you can put them back on. I seem to remember reading it's not a good idea to have a bar only at the rear, so if you remove the front perhaps best remove the rear too.

Cheers.

Phil.

My '02 110 CSW has no anti-roll bars and I've never had cause to think of fitting them. If your unsure you could try removing the bars and driving around for a while, if you don't like the handling you can put them back on. I seem to remember reading it's not a good idea to have a bar only at the rear, so if you remove the front perhaps best remove the rear too.

Cheers.

Phil.

My 110 CSW came as standard with an anti-roll bar on the rear only...

I removed it some time ago and went over to LR heavy duty springs & poly bushes. Excellent articulation and handling on road appears to be unaffected - if anything there is less roll (bearing in mind the car has a full roll cage and roof rack!)

Matt

Cheers.

Phil.

As Matt said a lot of 110CSW (older ones anyway) came with the rear one only, plus the Boge self levelling strut. Dad has one out on the farm - 1986 2.5 petrol 110CSW. Best riding vehicle I have ever been in cross country, but it sits a bit low now because the Boge is in the state most Boges are after 20 years :)

hi

early 90's did not have any anti roll bars fitted (or even provision to fit them)

If you use it primarily on the road anti roll bars will help minimise body roll

If you use it primarily off road anti roll bars meerly restrict articulation

My 1988 V8 90 does not have them fitted and I have no problems

Regards

Andy

My 110 CSW (1989) V8 had rear anti-roll bar with Boge but no front anti-roll bar....

Recently removed Boge, went to TD5 spec rear springs and upgraded to poly bushes all round. Handles very well on the road...

If I end up doing more off-road I may try with anti-roll bar removed.... (Not done anything serious off-road since the changes..)

Neil

My 1989 110csw has a standard rear bar & also had the boge strut [now removed as it was dead] it runs on OME springs & shox with the rear bar in place & does very well off road, never given me any cause to doubt it's ability.