Galvanising.... who? where?

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

I've got a 110 chassis i want to get coated, anyone reccoment a decent place in the South?

i'm in Swindon, the last place i used was Cardiff Galvanisers, funnily enough based in Cardiff. the job was OK, but not as neat as i'd hoped.

anyone got any suggestions for a decent company down this way?

cheers y'all.

I used McArthur in Fishponds Bristol last year for galvanising a tank guard, good job and service. The number I have fro them is 0117 9430 500. Dunno how big their tank is but going by the size of some of teh bits laying around a 110 chassis should be ok.

FWIW I used Wessex Galv www.wedge-galv.co.uk in Eastleigh, Soton for my bulkhead. No probs and chassis should be well above their minimum weight.

You will need to get the chassis prep'd beforehand though but I did find a friendly shotblasters on the same site (guy had a nice 110 Tombraider)

peterborough galvanizers did a very nice job on my chassis and other parts; this unfortunately cannot be said of their forklift driver which then threw the lot against a concrete post and bended some bits.

Daan

Hi Jim, i have also used Mc arthurs in Bristol in the past but not for anything as big as a chassis and i have found them to be good value. I have also used cardiff to galv a trailer i built due to the size as mcarthur could not fit it into their tank

(7'6" wide 12'6" long) if you wish i have a contact in Bristol that makes comercial bodies that use galvanisers all the time and he has told me that he can get me a good rate? i have sent you a pm to inform you that i will have the two tanks your advertising if you still have them, we may be able to do a deal on the chassis as i have a lorry in Swindon every day. (i will be off the computer until monday as i will be at the culmhead challenge leaving at 0830 tomorow thur)

Kevin