Help, trying to find link

sheeppimp

long shot but i'm looking for a link posted somewhere to a yellow VW Passat powered trialer with four wheel steer and volvo portals. Pretty sure it was Scandinavian.

I had the link saved but have managed to lose it :angry: have spent the morning trying searches but not got anywhere and going slowly mad

if anyone can help or point me in the right direction i'm sure they'd gain some kharma points to set off their baby-killing, whale burning vehicle choice.

thanks

toby

long shot but i'm looking for a link posted somewhere to a yellow VW Passat powered trialer with four wheel steer and volvo portals. Pretty sure it was Scandinavian.

I had the link saved but have managed to lose it :angry: have spent the morning trying searches but not got anywhere and going slowly mad

if anyone can help or point me in the right direction i'm sure they'd gain some kharma points to set off their baby-killing, whale burning vehicle choice.

thanks

toby

That was me. http://www.engbergracing.com/spider/

Those fibre-glass Ford bodies are available from hot-rod supplies for not much money, and they weigh about the same as a packet of crisps. My mate has one on a RR chassis and you can lift the body off by breaking wind.

couple with a light engine, space frame i can see an interesting project on the cards. Could even winch it up with a couple of food processors (nice and light though the extension cable could be a problem)

With a heavier winch biatch you could do away with the need for a ground anchor too;)

was it a ford '32 shell?

wheres the UK people doing those?? :huh:

i kinda fancy a 30's style pick up on a v8 109 chassis myself, more for a giggle than offroading tho. We need more trucks that make people smile i reckon

Here is Mark (BT)'s one:

post-21-1184859091_thumb.jpg

post-21-1184859118_thumb.jpg

AFAIK he still has it - he built it for a bet, and in his own unique style the spirited eccentricity rather outweighed the engineering finesse :unsure: For the brief time it was running it was a damn good vehicle, went like stink and trundled all round Bunny Lane in high box at tickover.

Don't think he weighed it but the body weighed maybe a few kilos, and on the road it felt like it weighed half what a normal RR does.

I've no idea of a supplier but I have seen the GRP bodies / kits on various hot rod & kit-car type sites. You can get varying options from the basic (no roof, no doors as his is) to hard-top with opening doors, boot, all sorts...

Edit to add: You can see it fits a 100" pretty well, also because of the way LR were "inspired" by the Jeep LR chassis rails are the same distance apart as a lot of yank stuff which means the body dropped on surprisingly easily.