JST

Morning

On my Defender I recently bought & installed the following gauges

in front of the steering wheel: from left to right

Rev counter - Fuel gauge (orig LR) - Water Temp

in the center console above the fuse box cover:

Oil Pres - Fuel gauge (2nd tank orig LR) - Oil temp

When i bought the vehicle the original gauges were dubious to say the least

I therefore bought the water / oil & preseure gauge new & of course the rev counter new via the E**Y and really reasonable too.

what with all the supplied sender units etc installation was staghtforward and to not leave anything to chance I by-passed the original cabling (you dont want to know why)

all in all it all seems to work and better still all gauges are believable

The next (last instalation) in the way of gauges would be a voltmeter , a oil temp for the tansmission and maybe a boost gauge for the turbocharge

hope this helps

Happy Trails

Abe

• 1 year later...

Hiya guys

Found this thread to my glee! Now that the Td5 RRC project is very much on the rebuild stage I'm considering the row of redundant guages in my early RR dash. I had decided to cough up funds for nice new mechanical guages but after seeing Westerns pics (page 2) I realise it's possible - hopefully - to let my existing sensors, well oil pressure anyway, into the Td5 system somewhere...

But where? Any suggestions?

Likewise the water temp?

Mark90 on page one iirc has extra guages plumbed into his Td5, you out there Mark, any tips, photos, advice mate?

George

Without seeming like a blatent plug as EGT gauges have come up a few times on this thread....

I sell these....

DSCF3059%20(Small).JPG

DSCF3063%20(Small).JPG

Few more details:

Combined 52mm Boost Gauge and Exhaust Gas Temp Gauge. Will fit straight into a Defender Dash.

Measure 0 - 30 Psi and from 0 - 1800 degrees F (which is -17 to over a 1000 degrees C) - come complete with pressure sensor to fit into your inlet manifold, and a Thermocouple and boss for your exhaust.

For 300Tdi and Td5 - I can supply a fitting kit, so no drilling required (just a few bolts). However, this requires removal of the EGR system (if not already done)

For other engines you will need to drill and tap into your exhaust manifold and inlet manifold.

Wiring wise, you just need a 12v ignition live, and a good earth, everything else is included.

The gauges are back lit blue (via LEDs) - which is fully automatic and adjusts automatically for day time, and night time use.

The small silver button allows you to recall max EGT and boost pressure.

Forum discount avalible.

Ian

what sort of ££ Ian please

which type of TC do you use re size/length etc and which boss type on the Manifold

K Type - 3mm x 60mm Thermocouple - compression type fitting.

Pressure sensor can come with an adaptor to fit straight into a 300Tdi inlet manifold (once I've picked them up)

Gauge price - £140 (inc sensors and wiring, but no fitting kit) for people off here.

Fitting kits

- full 300Tdi EGR replacement kit (including genuine part none EGR Intercooler to inlet manifold pipe) and adaptor for pressure sensor - £35

- full Td5 EGR replacment kit with all adaptors - £65

Part kits avaliable.

All plus £6.00 for UK delivery

Ian