Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Mo Murphy

I can't adjust 2" of free play out of the clutch pedal.

I've just fitted a 300 Tdi clutch pedal assy to my 90 and I can't adjust the play out. I'm getting no air through in the last 2 bleeds, I've set the pedal height to 140mm and I've set the push rod play to 1.5mm.

I did have a bit of extra play with the old pedal which I put down to worn pivot bushes (they were very worn), so I suspect the problem may lie elsewhere, the slave perhaps ?

Your thoughts and assistance would be welcome.

Mo :(

I changed the master cylinder on my 200 TDI & could not get it to bleed properly (odd as I do not normally have any problems).

I persevered until it was good enough to drive (i guess about 1" of free play), drove about 70 miles by which time there was no free play in the peddle and had to re-adjust it and then again after maybe another 250 miles.

Its now done around 1000 miles and been fine. :)

Mo,

I know its like telling granny how to suck eggs………… but ………….

On more then one occasion, I have found the slave fitted upside down with the bleed valve on the bottom …………… if that is the case, then you cannot get all the air out of the system (even with a pressure bleed) ………………ask me how I know :rolleyes:

:)

Ian