Which springs to get?

doddel

It's time to replace the springs on my 110. I have 2" lift now, but I would like to lower that to just 1".

The main purpose of my landrover is travelling, with the occasional greenlaning, so no heavy offroading. So I want something that is really good on the road, also when loaded.

I've heard something about progressive springs, but no idea where to get them. I've also heard good things of King springs, but I haven't found a dealer in the UK yet, and I am afraid they are a bit expensive...

Guest diesel_jim

Why not just go for stock LR heavy duty's?

the HD fronts will give you a good inch (possibly slightly more, but if you have a winch/bar it'll drop down a bit)

and the HD rears with the helper inserts. these might lift it too much, but if you used "standard duty" outers instead of the HD's, you might well be there.

the HD fronts will give you a good inch (possibly slightly more, but if you have a winch/bar it'll drop down a bit)

and the HD rears with the helper inserts. these might lift it too much, but if you used "standard duty" outers instead of the HD's, you might well be there.

are these the so-called progressive springs? and what about king springs?

I don't know Jim. I fitted a set of second hand helper springs to my Defender 110 station wagon. All well used springs. The lifted the Defender three inches at the back :lol:

mike