Chassis Replacement

Hi there guys looking for some advice.

My truck is getting a new chassis at some point and seen as its off the road ive started stripping it down.

I removed the rear tub mainly to get into the rails to see how bad it actually was and its terminal so i'm gonna continue the stripping process

I'm just wondering if anyone can give me any tips on where to go next? is there a preferred order to removing parts? i was thinking of tackling the seat box and footwells next but im not sure where to go after that? i guess the front wings?

Just some tips to make the job easier and to make the reassembly easier would be great!

Defender bodies are fixed to the chassis with 'only a couple of bolts...' which in theory would enable you to undo these, and lift the complete body off the chassis.

I have seen pictures, most probably on Eastcoast rovers' site, but am not sure.

I am planning the same, should the chassis on the 110 I am planning to buy be too roten to fix.

What's the vehicle - 90, 110, CSW, truck cab?

I would try to take everything off in the largest chunks possible, if you dismantle things into small bits you will find bits that need attention and end up with a whole lot more work. If you want to do a full restoration, then that's great - if you just want to get a new chassis under it it will set you back a bit.

its a D90 Truck Cab

As ive said ive already removed the Biggest Chunk - The rear Tub and roof.

I did think that leaving the bulkhead to the end would be the most sensible approach.

So i guess the next stage is removing the front wings, bonnet etc? Then the floors and seatbox? Should i remove the engine and box before the bulkhead?

As for how much im doing to it, i wouldnt say full restoration simply because i couldnt afford to restore every component at once. But i'm not just dropping a new chassis under it either. Somewhere inbetween, and £££ dependant obviously!

Hi Aragorn,

This is how I done a 110 Hicap rechassis , jacked up to the hieght to allow rolling chassis c/w engine and gearbox on wheels with no tyres, position stands and cross beams, check its all disconnected :blink: lower chassis assy down onto rims and roll out.........swap the bits and roll back in and jackup etc etc

cheers

Steveb

post-1339-1188836488_thumb.jpg