Disk type handbrakes

Guest otchie1

As mentioned above they seem to work very well on the landrover vehicles when use on a transmission brake,

I had a Audi TT a few years ago and after thrashing it through some Cotswold hills I parked it at the top of a hill whilst I went into a shop. I returned 20 mins later, looked up the hill and it was gone, I thought bugger it's been nicked until I looked to my right and saw it launched halfway through the window of a listed building, quite a sight, it had moved a bunch of the sandstone blocks like lego !

I should of course have left it in gear but I didn't for some reason and could only put it down to the discs cooling and contracting.

Dave

maybe, but it would be in very good taste, after Si's recent happenings.

Don't worry Ralph - I have to admit it made me smile!

When developing the handbrake, I was worried about the disk cooling, shrinking and starting to slip - but found there was more stretch in the cable and mechanism than was needed to take up any slack as it cooled.

Si