New BFG MT

Exmoor Beast

Interesting because I just checked the BFG tyre site and it has a "BFG MT KM2" on it

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/overview/mu...a-km2/3930.html

which looks completely different to the above but would seem to be the successor to the MT KM :unsure:

post-33-1189875924_thumb.jpg

not sure I like it really, think I prefer the old pattern, though the one Will has a pic of above looks OK but I wonder what it is?

the new jeep wrangler ads in the states show them fitted with the tyres Will pictured,i think their made special for the car.(www.jeep.com)

Also there was a thread over on pirate a couple of weeks back about the KM2,saying it has roughly the same tread as the krawler just alot harder compound.

Giles over on the Devon4x4 Forum saw these over in the States and asked me to put the picture online for him. Thought you lot would be interested too :)

Slightly different centre blocks and a softer compound apparently...

BFG2007.jpg

Will :)

My mate has just had a new set of boots and he said they finally arrived and there were special order for his Hilux and they didn't look anything like the ones he thought.

So I guess there is the answer

Yep , They do look very much like Goodyear MTR`s Will they be as hardwearing ?? managed to get 30k from a set of MTR`s mainly on Tarmac.

I would expect so as BFG's are gerenteed for 50k in the states anyway

I like the MTR I raced on them sinse 2003 and there a very good tyre but its no BFG MT

Interesting because I just checked the BFG tyre site and it has a "BFG MT KM2" on it

not sure I like it really, think I prefer the old pattern, though the one Will has a pic of above looks OK but I wonder what it is?

IMHO these will be great tyres and better than the old style muddies.

The sidewall construction is similar to the krawler with 2 radial plies and 1 bias ply for superior staking resistance.

The tread is similar to the krawler and michelin xml (not surprising as michelin own bfg and do the r & d), but with extra grooves (crawlers and xml are intentionally made to allow for custom grooving).

Side biters are much better than old style muddies.

Krawlers perform very well in Aus comps - winch challenge, OBC and rock.

Unfortunately only 315/75 will be available for 16" wheels at this time - more 16" sizes in 2008

post-62-1189896555_thumb.jpg

IMHO these will be great tyres and better than the old style muddies.

The sidewall construction is similar to the krawler with 2 radial plies and 1 bias ply for superior staking resistance.

The tread is similar to the krawler and michelin xml (not surprising as michelin own bfg and do the r & d), but with extra grooves (crawlers and xml are intentionally made to allow for custom grooving).

Side biters are much better than old style muddies.

Krawlers perform very well in Aus comps - winch challenge, OBC and rock.

Unfortunately only 315/75 will be available for 16" wheels at this time - more 16" sizes in 2008

John, the only problem with the Krawler over here is they don't seem to clear mud well. Having said that the friend of mine who uses them still hasn't changed back to Simex.