http://www.kankku.co.uk/index.htm

siggy

As the title says has anybody used kankku an offroading company in the lakedistrict it's all to do with this thread

many thanks

Seen their vehicles around, but never used them. They advertise 'extreme driving situations', but I've never seen so much as a scratch on any of their trucks, so I suspect it's a good bit tamer than they make out!

would rather pay this company and use my own vehicle than spend days trying to find out the relevent details of the local authority rights of way chap

Why not join GLASS* and get the details from them?

* - he says, in rash hypocrisy. Promise I'll join up when I get the truck back on the road...

• 1 year later...
As the title says has anybody used kankku an offroading company in the lakedistrict it's all to do with this thread

many thanks

would rather pay this company and use my own vehicle than spend days trying to find out the relevent details of the local authority rights of way chap

I have been out with them, they have 3 Defender and 3 Shoguns. I don't know how extreme other peoples ideas of extreme are, but if you have never done any real off roading they do take you along some very interesting well paths for want of a better word. I did hve a wheel or two dangling in the air and some quite steep and narrow slopes, but the instructors are pretty good at getting you through it all. Not much mud plugging but it is the lake district and it is very rocky there. I had a great time and could reccomend them.

post-3883-1191481184_thumb.jpg

post-3883-1191481252_thumb.jpg

I have been out with them, they have 3 Defender and 3 Shoguns. I don't know how extreme other peoples ideas of extreme are, but if you have never done any real off roading they do take you along some very interesting well paths for want of a better word. I did hve a wheel or two dangling in the air and some quite steep and narrow slopes, but the instructors are pretty good at getting you through it all. Not much mud plugging but it is the lake district and it is very rocky there. I had a great time and could reccomend them.

I just noticed that you were thinking of using your own vehicle, make sure your tyres are up to it, the rocks can be very damaging.

by the way, all thier vehicles are fitted with FPS's, the defenders with Landrover ones and the Shoguns with ones from Endura.

see here

http://www.endura-fps.com/news.php?id=14

and Auto Express are running a competition with them as a prize, see here,

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/interact/auto...ompetition.html

We've been out with him, Nick, a couple of years ago. We used their defenders (a 200Tdi and a TD5) There was only me and my g/f and a couple of other lads.

We got there in the morning had a chat whilst waiting for the lads to turn up, when they did he chucked some keys at me and said you drive the Tdi we'll take the TD5 and off we popped. We swapped round between the TD5 and TDI a few times and i drove nearly all day (cause gf didnt want to do much), he just offers assistance with lines if needed. It was a excelent day out and if you've never been green laning you'll really enjoy it (though it is expensive if you use their cars)

edit....

Just noticed this thread is a few years old :lol: