atu mounting

dasterdly

<_<

hello,

does anybody have a close up picture of the ATU mounting kits ? Craddocks had them advertised on their website, but on contacting them, they havnt got any !

my ATU came with a single bolt that goes through the wing and connects to the bottom of the case, but far to flimsy it would seem.

maybe the little boxes i have seen on the front wings on various defenders/xd's are where the atu sits bolted through ?

cheers...

My wing boxes went on (and stayed on) no problem with the single bolt. I just put some big washers on to spread the load. From memory I think they had some locating holes too? (Sold the lightweight now so can't check :( )

They even stood up to driving with the huge aerials on too! B)

I dont suppose this photo helps much, but at least it shows they do fit straight on!

wingbox.jpg

My wing boxes went on (and stayed on) no problem with the single bolt. I just put some big washers on to spread the load. From memory I think they had some locating holes too? (Sold the lightweight now so can't check :( )

They even stood up to driving with the huge aerials on too! B)

I dont suppose this photo helps much, but at least it shows they do fit straight on!

hello,

thanks for the piccy, it helps to get a better idea, and at least if i deciede to fit the atu to the lightweight, i know what it should look like !

still wondering how the defender/xd mount their atu's to the wings ?

:-)

cheers..

Guest diesel_jim
still wondering how the defender/xd mount their atu's to the wings ?

:-)

cheers..

They mount in the same way.... a bolt through the middle and locating pins to stop the ATU box from "rotating" around.

They have strengthening plates under the wing panel too, as they're quite heavy and with the length of the antenna on, can cause a nice bit of body damage!

They mount in the same way.... a bolt through the middle and locating pins to stop the ATU box from "rotating" around.

They have strengthening plates under the wing panel too, as they're quite heavy and with the length of the antenna on, can cause a nice bit of body damage!

cheers for the info, what are the small square shaped boxes on the front wings of alot of ffr's defenders/xd's, i am assuming that they are mounting kits ? or simply cable boxes

cheers...

Guest diesel_jim
cheers for the info, what are the small square shaped boxes on the front wings of alot of ffr's defenders/xd's, i am assuming that they are mounting kits ? or simply cable boxes

cheers...

Yeah, cable boxes IIRC. the cale curls up and gets stuffed into them and there is a little clip on lid.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you contact my mate, all his details in the PM I sent you.

hello ralph, i emailed him,via the email address you sent me, but had no reply as yet. i have managed to find some part numbers, but not to sure whether the units will fit my ATU, as they are pre defender. i am 90% sure they will but just need some confirmation, then comes the job of aquiring some :-)

Cheers...

hello ralph, i emailed him,via the email address you sent me, but had no reply as yet. i have managed to find some part numbers, but not to sure whether the units will fit my ATU, as they are pre defender. i am 90% sure they will but just need some confirmation, then comes the job of aquiring some :-)

Cheers...

Hi, I'll send him a reminder to reply to you :D the vehicle the mounts are fitted to is a '89 127 rapier tractor.

What part numbers do you need? i've got the series 3 and 90/110 FFR parts manuals...

hello jim,

the part numbers i have are as follows:

PRC 3761 nut plate x2

RRC 3763 support angle x2

RRC 3764 gusset support x1

RRC 3216 mounting bracket A.T.U R/H

RRC 3740 reinforcement A.T.U R/H

i think there are also a couple of other bits and peices, to complete the mounting kit, but the above should be most of what i need...hopefully :-)

cheers...

What is the ATU box going to be fitted onto? If it's the Lightweight then don't bother buying the ATU mounting kit for a Defender etc as the didn't use them on the Lightweight. The ATU box is installed basically as you describe in your first post - one big bolt.

What is the ATU box going to be fitted onto? If it's the Lightweight then don't bother buying the ATU mounting kit for a Defender etc as the didn't use them on the Lightweight. The ATU box is installed basically as you describe in your first post - one big bolt.

hello,

its going to be fitted to my defender, as opposed to the lightweight..which needs..erm..rebuilding ! :-)

cheers...

another piccie:

DSCF1691.jpg

hello,

after a couple of weeks of trying to get some information, i have the defender atu mounting kit part number : RTC5948

Dingocroft could supply one for around £60, on contacting somebody differant at craddocks, they assure me that they DO actually have them in stock, and are supposed to be sending me one ! if it dosnt arrive next week, i shall have them off you, providing you still have them !

i will post a reply next week.

thanks for all the replys and help.

cheers...

hello,

after a couple of weeks of trying to get some information, i have the defender atu mounting kit part number : RTC5948

Dingocroft could supply one for around £60, on contacting somebody differant at craddocks, they assure me that they DO actually have them in stock, and are supposed to be sending me one ! if it dosnt arrive next week, i shall have them off you, providing you still have them !

i will post a reply next week.

thanks for all the replys and help.

cheers...

no problem, good luck with sorting it out :)