North Off Road cage anyone?

Michele

Hello,

I finally got a cage for the Cube from NOR,price was reasonable plus Shaun made the rear half removable (bolt on)

for an easier roof swap (truck cab>station wagon>truck cab) whenever I need...

I got the packages yesterday,only managed to give a quick look,but there are no instructions

(not available yet),just a lot of tubes...

Once built it should look like this:

90fullexternal1-small.jpg

Anyone got a cage from them (I know JST fitted one although it's a truck cab) and can give me some hints on measurements (before drilling huge holes in the wings/body) or take pics of the chassis mounts?

I'll ask for more infos in the meanwhile...

My last 90 had a full external cage from North Off Road, unfortunately I can't remember what the front outrigger mounts were like. Holyzeus (on here) has that motor now, hopefully he'll be able to shed some light on this for you....

Paging Holyzeus............

Thanks.

In the meanwhile good news,I called Shaun again yesterday and he may have forgotten the mounting plates which are supposed to come with the kit

:)

Hopefully everything should be sorted out soon...

BTW,I asked him and he said I should be able to fit the front hoop withouth removing the wings...that'd be good...

• 1 month later...

Right,got front plates...

...now what...

Rollcage For Dummies :(

Got some P&P instructions from Jim (ta),although referred to a 110 I may recycle something for my own use...

Quick chat with my fabricator made me giving up and I'd rather leave-bugg*r-everything :angry: to a garage,specialized in Toyot@s,but hopefully they should be good to me when presenting the bill...they want instructions though and measurements and drawings,I'll put down a list and some sketches and try to explain what to do and how...

Here's the biggest issue I came across when I wanted to test fit the front hoop mounting plates...anybody know how to squeeze a 50.2whatever mm diameter bar through here????

:unsure:

post-76-1196082911_thumb.jpg

post-76-1196082941_thumb.jpg

post-76-1196082967_thumb.jpg

post-76-1196082996_thumb.jpg

post-76-1196083206_thumb.jpg

post-76-1196083220_thumb.jpg

post-76-1196083232_thumb.jpg

I have this feeling I'll have to do...

Average time needed?

I can strip the front and drive to the garage to save some quids...

make life easy for yourself and take the outer wing skins off.

Given the cost/time of driving the 90 to UK and back,I fear I could pay Shaun a plane ticket or rent a workshop/welder and a few slaves to help me out...

The guys in the garage may not know Rovers as well as Toyotas,but they're good and skilled fabricators (or so it seems).

The rollcage is a very simple structure,not rocket science,it's a bunch of tubes and bolts...

:huh: