GPS Reciever

smo

I'm after a usb gps reciever for my toughbook for use in the d-lander, can anyone recommend what i should be looking for, i know the sirf 3 chipset was good a while back but everything moves so fast,....whats good now??

I've got a Holux GPSlim236 which I'm very pleased with, my brother has just bought an M1000 which is 32channel so even more sensitive. Both are bluetooth as standard, if you want to wire it to a laptop you need the optional USB data cable as the normal USB cable that comes with it is only for powering it from a laptop.

Apparently the data cable has a Serial>USB converter moulded in the cable which is why that works and the normal USB one doesn't

Richard

I've got a Holux GPSlim236 which I'm very pleased with, my brother has just bought an M1000 which is 32channel so even more sensitive. Both are bluetooth as standard, if you want to wire it to a laptop you need the optional USB data cable as the normal USB cable that comes with it is only for powering it from a laptop.

Apparently the data cable has a Serial>USB converter moulded in the cable which is why that works and the normal USB one doesn't

Richard

Sounds good, my toughbook has bluetooth built in anyway so that might be feasable.

Should work fine as it is then, I haven't had any problems with the Bluetooth connection with my PDA. What is quite cool is that the Bluetooth still works when the data cable is used, so I can it to connect to my laptop and PDA at the same time and run different maps/views/software on them :)

Richard