Military Type 2 Piece Doors

I have just bought a pair of Ex-Military 2 piece doors(with separate lock hole behind handle?) for my 90

I'm in need of the Handles/Locks and striker plates.....Any ideas where I could source such items??

Cheers Mike

Hi, They are available new original and new pattern and also they are in stock second hand at john richards surplus www.johnrichardssurplus.co.uk He has them on ebay right now,i have just bought mine from him.

01952 550391

Any LR parts dealer can supply them for you, they aren't special being ex-MOD as the same doors were fitted to civy vehicles.

they're pretty expensive from a dealer, circa £60 ea. i picked one up for £6 brand new at an autojumble once which was quite good. i think the trouble is the right hand one as its not shared by any tailgate.

been a while since i looked though.

they're pretty expensive from a dealer, circa £60 ea. i picked one up for £6 brand new at an autojumble once which was quite good. i think the trouble is the right hand one as its not shared by any tailgate.

been a while since i looked though.

My independent dealer quoted me £26 +vat each side for new LR, I paid £4.99 each from the above supplier for good used. They have more in stock.

they are anti burst series locks , nothing special.

i used my original striker plates (my 90 had lift up handles) , i had to turn them upside down and grind a bit off them but they work a treat.

keep an eye on e bay , i got my locks , 2 of them , new for 14 quid.

lety me know if you need a part number.

this is what your after but you can get them cheaper if you keep your eyes peeled.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-MODELS-RH...VQQcmdZViewItem

this is what you dont want, note the front door type lock.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SERIES-LAND-ROVER-FR...1QQcmdZViewItem

post-2379-1193434874_thumb.jpg

post-2379-1193434905_thumb.jpg

Yep series anti burst locks fit. That is what I have on mine, and they are cheaper than the military locks. I expect teh price quoted above of £60 is for teh military locks, the catch on these is more of a 'flap' than the 'hook' on the series anti burst locks, the strikers are differnt too.

Note drivers side series anti burst door locks are what are fitted to 90/110 rear doors.

Yep series anti burst locks fit. That is what I have on mine, and they are cheaper than the military locks. I expect teh price quoted above of £60 is for teh military locks, the catch on these is more of a 'flap' than the 'hook' on the series anti burst locks, the strikers are differnt too.

Note drivers side series anti burst door locks are what are fitted to 90/110 rear doors.

yeah £60 is for the military locks. dealer sold me one like that gold one for £15 but of course when i went to fit it, it was quite different. not sure what the better type of lock is to be honest, series style is cheaper i suppose.