Anyone used/got one of these....?

Doubt it makes much difference, from what I've seen those things can take longer to get off with the key than with a crowbar. I'd invest in a good Thatcham Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser (which should get you an insurance discount).

If someone wants your truck, they'll have it - there's not much you can do to stop pikeys with a HIAB and a low-loader. You can make theives' lives harder with a few simple things, but I wouldn't bother with stuff that inconveniences you more than it does them.

Hi,

Jusy spotted this on Ebay -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-Defender-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Seems cheap to others I've seen?

Has anyone used one or got one? I'm looking for yet another deterent after I caught someone sniffing around my 110 last week.

Yep, your not wrong there. Sometimes (not often) I wish I lived in South Africa and I could put a set of those tubes that fire out flames from the sides when a car jacking or such like is happening...

A simple pedal lock works well, easy to fit and remove and stops the clutch and brake pedal being used. It'll deter the casual thief.

Mo

Hi Mo,

Yep, got one of those and a cutoff switch. Think i'm starting to get paranoid!

Your only up the road from me by the look of it - had any problems up in Letchworth with theft etc ?

still not working, it appears if I get the url from the link propeties but it doesn't want to show from the post link.

wonder if this will work

http://www.self-defender.net/weapons/glock17.gif

maybe they have a hotlink blocker on their website.

seems to block everytime.

Weird - works from here. But, not a big deal, after all, it was only a joke.

A simple pedal lock works well, easy to fit and remove and stops the clutch and brake pedal being used. It'll deter the casual thief.

Mo

Hi Mo,

Do you have a make/model you use/recommend?

I saw the hydraulic clutch lock thingamie advertised but they were a fortune. :o (yes I know "is it worth the value of losing my vehicle" before someone chips in :D:D )

Cheers

G

D90Disco,

No trouble around here :i-m_so_happy: ... yet ! Where are you, Buntingford ?

G.

I use one of these, which I got off of ebay. It's a locking loop of steel in two halves. It stops the clutch pedal being pushed down.

6fae_1.jpg

I've spoken to a couple of people who use the clutch claw and swear by them. I think they look really good but a little pricey for me :)

HTH

Mo

Hi Mo Thanks.

It looks really awkward for some chav to break off, you couldn't do it sitting in the drivers seat with the door closed and it would be really obvious trying to do it with the door open and body half in/out.

But then most people would probably think they were working on a breakdown :D

Cheers

G