Shed plans Mk2 - with added CAD

FridgeFreezer

Worth speaking to the council before you start, some are better than others so know your facts and don't let them fob you off - most cases the 70m3 volume for permitted development clears planning and 30m2 clears building control - I kept my 'garage' under both and cost me nothing in applcation fees plus I have letters from the council saying its permitted, very handy when you come to sell the house.

I built mine out of blocks, rendered to match the house, galv. tin sheet roof, 6m long from local farm barn builder (less to joints so no leaks). If you go down the steel route the boundry will be your problem, tin cladding to walls might be better than ply, block doesn't rust and IMHO is a better long term solution...

The old dear next door did ask if I could get a car arund the side of the house to put in the 'garage' but nothing says you have too :) Been up 10 years, full of junk and never had a car near it...

you need a calor wood burner just like mine

with up side down wok on chimny

tdi_into_a_series_002.JPG

PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:

and then:

But don't all the noodles just slide off? :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bishbosh - where do I direct "Injury Lawyers Screw You" to make my claim for cracked ribs?

;)

TwoSheds

Why is it every fiddler/builder loves a new workshop/garage but within weeks it's full of carp and an extension is on the plans?

SWMBO left the washing basket in my garage because I had to concede to the washer and drier in the corner, and then she leaves the basket full of freshly tumbled dried clothers, while I was angle grinding in bliss I noticed the smoke build up, don't any of you go there especially when it's her clothes, it's like a bleedin horror story.

Result, hamering of ears, hammering of credit card to replace said burned items, and supply of time and transport to aid replacement, and thats not one trip boys!!, you wouldn't believe the amount of hassle it causes, and you would not belive how much stuff woman can get in a plastic basket (or so they say).

DON'T GO THERE, you have been warned. Keep the basket well away, make a stand at the early stages.

:hysterical: only you, only you ........... :rolleyes:

DON'T GO THERE, you have been warned. Keep the basket well away, make a stand at the early stages.

...or just build her her own garage and everyone will be happy ;):lol:

Lookin' good JU, just don't forget the 'hobnob/cookie storage'. Essential for all good Land Rover repairs/builds.

tdi_into_a_series_002.JPG

PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:

and then:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bishbosh - where do I direct "Injury Lawyers Screw You" to make my claim for cracked ribs?

;)

TwoSheds

I helped twizzle put the new chimney and 'wok top' on a couple of months ago, have to admit i was a bit sceptical, but it seems to work really well.

We are just waiting for a bird to land on the handle, be instantly cooked then!

the building regs/planning regs refer to internal floor measurments if you have grief with your local authority over the area there is nothing stopping you buiding a stud wall with no acces to the smaller area to get under the area limit. its legal and i have done it much to local authorities annoyance good luck merrick