Testing the front suspension at Shoreham.

roguevogue

Having spent the last few weeks modifying my front suspension to be my version of 3-link I finally got to test it out before dragging it alll the way to Wales next weekend.

I have welded the brackets onto the axle casing to avoid them hanging below the casing, the third link goes to a tubular replacement gearbox cross member. The shock absorbers are 11.5" travel procomps, giving an increase of 5.5" movement over standard. The springs are police spec RR rear (red and white), all round.

I am very pleased with the result, I managed to drive just about everything with relative ease.

shm4.jpg

shm3.jpg

shm2.jpg

Next I will attack the rear axle with a similar treatment.

shm1.jpg

Very nice!

I suppose if you could scallop the gearbox crossmember, and if you had enough space to mount the shocks behind the axle(closer to the chassis/suspension pivot point) you could get a heap more travel out of the same shocks. But do you think you need any more front travel?

Regards,

Diff