Snow Chains and Tyre Choice

Warthog

Evening All..

Doing the Crossiere Blanc event just after Crimbo. But need to sort out snow chains and if needed a set of tyres. I have Insa Turbo Simex copies, but would this type of tyre be too aggressive to put snow chains onto?

I would hazard a guess and say it is common to run a Mud Terrain type. But dont really wont to pay out for a set of tyres that are gonna be used for the one event.

Any advice mucho appreciated...........

Mark

Fitting the chains and keeping them tight on the Insa's will be a PITFA. The larger the shoulder lugs, the more the chains are a swine to fit. I'd stick with a regular Mud Terrain pattern.

The INSA's are a bit OTT for the Crosiere, plus you'll be bloody deaf by the time you get to the Alps!!

• 1 year later...

Hi Fellas,

I'm looking to go myself, got a similar problem. I've got a set of Insa Sahara's (235x85) and I've been looking for a set for a while now, with no joy.

Even tried Andorra, which is just up the road, nope. :blink:

Hopefully a set can be got during the meet!

I'm actually based in Toulouse, hopefully I wont be as deaf.

The other problem I've got, :huh: forgot the info on how to book a place (never mind, found it and sent e-mail); probably too late. :(

Keith.