Wolk air intake

SteveG

Anyone got any experience of fitting these and how they work?

Just wondering how the wolf air intake works?? Does it draw air in from the side or just the top??

Here's a pic in case anyone was wondering what I was onabout;)

andrew_silcock02.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Edited by SteveG

they are fitted to each side and connected by a T peice to the std air intake hose which then goes to the filter.

They are also handed. Imagine them as louvers/blinds on a tilt. therefore you cant see the slots from the sides but can if looking up from underneath.

The idea of having one each side was that if one side was submerged/mud/water it would draw the air from the other side. in std horizontal form i guess it draws evenly from both (dependant on hose lengths etc)

there are no filters or mess etc in them.

In reality, extra bit to be knocked off and restrict air flow in my opinion.

Guest diesel_jim
Cheers James

Can't really see the point of them.

Steve

I think they're designed so that if "one" side of the vehicle drops into deep water, the air (which is easier to suck up than water) will be drawn through the un-submerged side, and vice-versa.

Unlike, say, a 300Tdi where the intake is on the RH side, it's only "safe" to wade if you know there is a LH tilt to the underlying ground.

I think they're designed so that if "one" side of the vehicle drops into deep water, the air (which is easier to suck up than water) will be drawn through the un-submerged side, and vice-versa.

Thats the one - a better way of saying what i meant as above

They are LR part numbered so you can get them through a dealer, more chance of getting it if the dealer you happen to use deals with Mil LR as well, eg Wotten Basset (TH Whites) etc.

Just out of a matter of interest.... Can anybody get hold of set??? :ph34r: or have got a pair they want rid of (in exchange for some folding beer tokens)

Ian

You can get them on ebay if you want to pay 200 pounds a pair!! :o:o

That's really why I asked the original q to see what was special about them etc.

Cheers

Steve

Thats the one - a better way of saying what i meant as above

They are LR part numbered so you can get them through a dealer, more chance of getting it if the dealer you happen to use deals with Mil LR as well, eg Wotten Basset (TH Whites) etc.

Another possibility maybe Ottons in Salisbury since they also deal with the Southern Salisbury Plain MIL vehicles

Guest diesel_jim

And if you want to buy the parts, the numbers are:

ESR 3282 Seal (left & Right)

ESR 3283 Gasket (LH)

ESR 3284 Gasket (RH)

ESR 4569 Grille (LH)

ESR 4570 Grille (RH)

AFAIK, the "internal" bits are just a mix of 200 and 300Tdi pipework... the bits that fit just inside the wing skin and the pipe and the "T" piece.