Want to trailer a vehicle to eventually use in trials - What vehicle??

landybear

Guys and Gals,

I know thats about as open question as it gets but i have a 300 90 at the moment and dont really want to go nuts in it as i need it for daily drive. So whats a good bet for a play thing?? I would like a disco but would have to have a mother of a trailer which i wouldnt be able to store. Maybe a series 2/3 but have never driven one and dont know about off road capabilities compared to that of say a 90 or a disco with diff lock.

I dont have the expertise to really create a hybrid so want a base vehicle which i can adapt. I am ok with most stuff and learning??

Am thinking of doing this so i can have a free crack everything off road and if i break it then so be it!!

Many thanks in advance.

I know thats about as open question as it gets but i have a 300 90 at the moment and dont really want to go nuts in it as i need it for daily drive. So whats a good bet for a play thing?? I would like a disco but would have to have a mother of a trailer which i wouldnt be able to store. Maybe a series 2/3 but have never driven one and dont know about off road capabilities compared to that of say a 90 or a disco with diff lock.

I dont have the expertise to really create a hybrid so want a base vehicle which i can adapt. I am ok with most stuff and learning??

Am thinking of doing this so i can have a free crack everything off road and if i break it then so be it!!

i use my 90 for off road but have a disco for most of my day to day driving

i used to use my S3 with a 2.5TD in it and drove it around as my car

till had a falling out with a tree. i then went out and picked up a S3 2 1/4 petrol put some 235/85/16 MT's and had so much fun,it got it stuck less than most of my mates with there V8RR's so for cost a S2-3 would be a good bet but a 90 if you can aford it is much nicer to drive.(ps i got my S3 for 20quid).