Paint Colours

Hello,

Got a nice bonnet to fit to my CSW. Vehicle is 1989 vintage and is the sort of blue colour like a wedgwood china plate light-ish blue. The new bonnet is a darker blue, and I'm thinking of spraying it.........question is, how do i get the right shade of paint (and from whom)?

Cheers!

Thanks for those responses folks. The bonnet I have is a definite shade of darker blue, I think it's off a 96 model.

I might just decide to keep the colour as is, it will then be just a little two-tone.

Western, is yours shire blue?

if the bonnets from a '96 vehicle & definitly a solid colour it's probably Arles too. as that was in use from late '89 to '97

Nope mine is definitly Arles on 90/110/Defender :D

Pacific on a Range Rover Classic

Windjammer on a Discovery

LR never bothered putting the paint code on vehicles until comparatively recently. Even though there was a perfectly good area on the plate for it.

The site given is very good.

If you are really struggling then try going in to a dealer & asking.

LR never bothered putting the paint code on vehicles until comparatively recently. Even though there was a perfectly good area on the plate for it.

The site given is very good.

If you are really struggling then try going in to a dealer & asking.

Ok thanks

Ok thanks

I found LR themselves actually managed to help me when i gave them the chassis number, the first time I called them they directed me to the dealer network, they couldnt tell me - even the supplying dealer !, went back to lr and explained, and then they gave it to me over the phone. Just call LR customer services (albeit this was on a 1998 vehicle, not sure how far back they go on their systems).

I find that ringing the parts dept at the appropriate franchised dealer usually produces results with later cars as they can access details of the cars original build spec. They will need either the reg or chassis number.

I do SMART repair work professionally & come across this problem quite often with cars that have had the paint sticker removed or damaged.

Mazda have recently stopped putting paint codes on their vehicles.