Imaginery Builds - thinking out loud for now!

I was wondering what people would think of haveing some imaginery builds?

i have an idea for a build, which i am unable to do because of not having the money, or any space to do it. (i'm in 6th form and living at home ;) ) and probably not the skills :( i have a rough knowlege (but theory) (compared to alot on here).

how would it be made interesting and not just text text text and more text? what you think?

Building a virtual one on a 3D CAD would be good but would needa real one measure from and i dont have a 3D package or a real one yet!

Hope this doesnt sound completely Stupid... :P please tell me if it would be the most boring section on the site!

Thanks if you have read this far! :D

I don't know how imaginary this will remain but for many reasons I drive a Skoda Octavia estate which suits my work up to a point. I really need a longer load bed.

So I thought of getting a rear shunted Octavia 4x4 and grafting on the rear of a front damaged 4x4 and having a 6x6 Skoda like this:

Skoda6x203.jpg

It will require a little bit of engineering work to get the drive to the rear axle but I have a cunning plan...

Something else I was wondering was are there enough unwanted spares amongst the members of this forum to build a complete vehicle from scratch? Nothing extra to be bought except for safety reasons, just unwanted bits and pieces.

If those who have the parts posted photos (taken from a similar angle) then someone who was good with photoshop could then assemble the bits into an imaginary vehicle. Would that be any good?

I have worked through the process of making my 6x6 Skoda already to make sure it is possible. I just need someone to shunt mine up the rear so the insurance claim can set the ball in motion! ;)

OK, I leave the Skoda for another forum.:P

There's nothing wrong with only having Lego, so long as it is Lego Technic. I don't have a current Land Rover either and I can't decide if I should get another or something bigger again (or just spend my money on practical stuff like workshop equipment).

I wanted a Scammel but didn't have space so I built a Lego Scammell Super Constructor recovery truck. It has twin drive motors, 6 wheel drive and full suspension. It also has a pneumatic crane and underlift and motorised legs at the back. The electric winch is good for a 2kg lift at full extension of the crane. In proper Scammell fashion it is also able to climb a vertical wall until it falls over.

DSC000062.jpg

DSC000052.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

When I sold my AEC Matador timber tractor I missed it so I built one of them too. It is also driven by twin motors with 4 wheel drive and suspension. The winch is also rated at 2kg and the crane and ground anchor is manually operated like the original.

DSC000082.jpg

DSC000092.jpg

DSC000102.jpg