Operating press of s3 brakes

Gareth Dickens

I need to know the max pressure in the brake system during braking. Say 250 lbs on the pedal pushing 1sq inch piston equals 250 psi system pressure. Does anyone have more accurate info?

Don't forget to take into account the leverage of the pedal.

E.g. if the pedal is 12 ins long and the pushrod is 2 ins from the pivot, the force on the piston is 1500 lbs for 250 lbs at the pedal. (Assuming the pedal is a straight bar and the forces are at right angles to it)

You dont say if it is servo assisted, :rolleyes: I cant think what you would need to know this for, unless you are going to convert to a hi pressure hydraulic system ala citroen/rolls royce :unsure::D

I dont want to calculate it. Was hoping someone would know the actual value.I want to fit a brake pressure gauge and need to know the operating pressure.

I dont want to calculate it. Was hoping someone would know the actual value.I want to fit a brake pressure gauge and need to know the operating pressure.

Not being funny but a lot would depend on how urgently you needed to stop, and if you were prop forward for Wigan :hysterical:

The hydraulic hoses would be the limiting factor you might try a hydraulic hose supplier they would probably be able to tell you if you showed them a brake hose from a landy HTSH :unsure:

Most brake pipes and bits are rated to 3000psi from memory, although that's including a safety factor. I don't think you get above 1000psi (probably a lot lower) during normal driving unless you really stamp on it.

Why do you want a pressure gauge on your brake lines? :huh:

Most brake pipes and bits are rated to 3000psi from memory, although that's including a safety factor. I don't think you get above 1000psi (probably a lot lower) during normal driving unless you really stamp on it.

Why do you want a pressure gauge on your brake lines? :huh:

With my new gearbox and xfer case I lose my handbrake. I want to fit a ball valve and press gauge so I can press the brakes and then trap the press, giving me parking brakes. The gauge is to monitor that it hasn't lost press.

With my new gearbox and xfer case I lose my handbrake. I want to fit a ball valve and press gauge so I can press the brakes and then trap the press, giving me parking brakes. The gauge is to monitor that it hasn't lost press.

I'd check the legallity before throwing money at it.