first post

hi guy's

my first post on here,but have been looking around the forums for some time now and this seems about the best :rolleyes:

i've finally got the car i've wanted since i was a young lad hence user name. now the proud owner of my 04 defender 90

i'm looking for a workshop manual, is it best to buy the official lr one or are there any other options?

thanks.

Welcome! Your first challenge is to post a picture of your vehicle ;)

For manuals, have a look in the tech archive, there are links to places to download lots of manuals, parts books and the Land Rover RAVE/EPC dealer parts catalogue system CD's.

I find the parts book / CD more useful than a service manual as it shows everything in an exploded diagram so you know what goes where, although on more modern stuff you sometimes need the instructions & data from the service book.

As for non-genuine books, they don't call them the Haynes Book Of Lies for nothing :unsure:

Having used both paper workshop manuals and RAVE, you'd be better getting RAVE. Finding things in the paper manuals is not straightforward and the search tool in Rave makes it easy to find things straight away. Or buy the manual and use both if you feel you need the printed book.

Cheers

Steve