PAS belt

OK I will, how do you know, Neil ?

Mo

Well Mo.... It's not a long story...

I got a belt from Halfrauds that was the right length, used it and it slipped.... Went to a LR spares place, got the right belt, which dare I say was fatter, and once fitted it worked and didn't slip.

Since then of course, I've pulled the engine out so can't offer you moving proof of my experiment, but if you want to buy the engine, you can try it for yourself ! :)

Neil

Well Mo.... It's not a long story...

I got a belt from Halfrauds that was the right length, used it and it slipped.... Went to a LR spares place, got the right belt, which dare I say was fatter, and once fitted it worked and didn't slip.

Since then of course, I've pulled the engine out so can't offer you moving proof of my experiment, but if you want to buy the engine, you can try it for yourself ! :)

Neil

I'll give you a fiver and take a chance, Neil.

Mo

I got the belt from a very reputable dealer, (Christian autos Bristol), so dont think it's the wrong un. Also ran fine for 3 days. My suspicions are that the pulleys are knackered as I let the squeak develop for a couple of weeks!

I'm going to replace pulleys this week and see how it goes.

I got the belt from a very reputable dealer, (Christian autos Bristol), so dont think it's the wrong un. Also ran fine for 3 days. My suspicions are that the pulleys are knackered as I let the squeak develop for a couple of weeks!

I'm going to replace pulleys this week and see how it goes.

Pull the belt, clean the pulleys with a strong solvent and some sandpaper. Make sure the belts are not bottoming. Then it should be fine. Pulleys don't wear out. Are you sure you have it tight enough? A new belt MUST be retightened after a few days. That is normal, as it will bed in.