Red paint fade

My truck is red.

Like all old red trucks its paint has faded.

I thought about a respray but don't want to start getting upset everytime i get another scratch.

I tried t-cut last year, which worked a bit. But it needs done again.

Is there any long term solution to red paint trying to turn white ?

Meguiar's 3-stage paint treatment works really well.

Way better than T-Cut and kinder to the paintwork too.

I've found that building up layers of wax on the paint (and therefore removing all the faded paint) works well, although you don't really want to know how long it's taken me.

Regular (I mean at least once a month in the summer; more if you're sad like me...) waxing works best.

I already mentioned Meguiar's, which is mostly available in Halfords.

I do tend to consume vast quantities of Autoglym and always fall back to that as it's the best compromise between cost and effectiveness.

Get some good lint-free cloths (old Terry nappies work really well, if you have them...) and get stuck in.

I know it's not very Land-Rovery to keep a clean car, but it does make regular cleaning a whole lot easier and it's good exercise. :ph34r:

Halfords sell a range of 'coloured waxes' which assist faded paint to some extent while you polish/wax - buy the closest one to your car. Can be quite effective though it doesn't last that long - I guess you could add normal car wax on top? One brand comes with a type of wax crayon stuck to the side which you use to fill deep scratches.

I have found that with T cut it is difficult to get rid of all the powdery residue (some of it stays in the small lumps and bumps in the paint) and the shine doesn't last very long. If you give the panel a 'wipe' with a cloth and white spirit (disclaimer - not sure OK with all paint types :blink:) after T cutting you will get loads more of this residue off. Also try some clay (Maguires sell this with a spray) to get the ingrained muck out and your panel with be as smooth as.... Then apply quality wax.

I have found that with T cut it is difficult to get rid of all the powdery residue (some of it stays in the small lumps and bumps in the paint) and the shine doesn't last very long. If you give the panel a 'wipe' with a cloth and white spirit (disclaimer - not sure OK with all paint types :blink:) after T cutting you will get loads more of this residue off. Also try some clay (Maguires sell this with a spray) to get the ingrained muck out and your panel with be as smooth as.... Then apply quality wax.

Which is why I suggested Farecla as their compounds wash off with water. Use what the trade use and you won't go far wrong.