LT77 Query

Geoff

The gear lever aligns with 1st and 2nd gear when in neutral instead of 3rd and 4th. 3rd, 4th and 5th gears have no 'gate' to guide the lever. The 2 springs are intact and look fine. even if there is a 'gate', why does the lever align this way when the springs seem OK?

Under the housing that is shown in Wetsern's diagram (remove the 4 bolts holding the housing and remove with the springs and gear stick still attached) there is a shaft running fore and aft. You will see how the gear stick operates this rod, it is by means of a "bucket" attached to it with a small grub screw. If the grub screw comes loose (it happened to me) then it can cause the problem with the apparent loss of the gates between gears. Mine was rather hit or miss with the gears for ages before it finally failed completely and I had to investigate further. It was a transformed vehicle after.

Chris

Under the housing that is shown in Wetsern's diagram (remove the 4 bolts holding the housing and remove with the springs and gear stick still attached) there is a shaft running fore and aft. You will see how the gear stick operates this rod, it is by means of a "bucket" attached to it with a small grub screw. If the grub screw comes loose (it happened to me) then it can cause the problem with the apparent loss of the gates between gears. Mine was rather hit or miss with the gears for ages before it finally failed completely and I had to investigate further. It was a transformed vehicle after.

Chris

Hi,

I may be wrong but I think we are talking about a disco not defender,

you need FRC9340, about £ 4,

I would point you to an FAQ on my web site but the server died this afternoon and may be down for 48hrs,

Hi,

I may be wrong but I think we are talking about a disco not defender,

you need FRC9340, about £ 4,

I would point you to an FAQ on my web site but the server died this afternoon and may be down for 48hrs,

Thanks for that, yes the steel plate is snapped.

Cheers

Geoff