Damper advice needed

Brett

I've currently got a set of +2" Procomps fitted to my 90 (Police spec springs red/white all round).

The procomps are looking like something the Time Team have dug up & the NSF is now leaking so I need some new shocks.

I'm leaning towards Old Man Emu's, does anyone know what code are equivalent to +2"? Paddocks have them at reasonable money but not sure what they are as they have some obscure number against them, not the normal OME product code.

I'm also going to replace my springs, so maybe I should just get the D44 kit?

Any opinions on other makes such as Terrafirma, Rough Country etc?

Thanks in advance

i have d4x4 OME springs on mine and have just got a front set of their shocks - i cant rate their stuff high enough when it comes to suspension items (cant comment on the rest as i havent used or tried any of it)

Give Simon a ring and he will talk through options and if he doesnt think its for you he wont sell it anyway.

Well, I've decided on OME but I have a couple of options :rolleyes:

Go D44 for the Challenge spring/shock package.

Or for about £100 more....

Go Gwynn Lewis, still OME springs & shocks, except shocks are +5" & I'd get new turrets, shock mounts etc.

What do you think?

Well, I've decided on OME but I have a couple of options :rolleyes:

Go D44 for the Challenge spring/shock package.

Or for about £100 more....

Go Gwynn Lewis, still OME springs & shocks, except shocks are +5" & I'd get new turrets, shock mounts etc.

What do you think?

Go Gwyn Lewis!

Or, if you dont need/want the extra travel, then just get a standard +2" kit from Gwyn

Bear in mind that the softest OME spring is 15 to 20% stiffer than a red/white (a typical rear can be over 40% stiffer) and they are all shorter. Each to there own but my main reason for not going OME is they were all too stiff for my preferances.

For the money Rough country dampers on gwyn lewis mounts are very satisfying off road, though fitted with red/whites and compared to OME they are not a particuarly comfortable ride on road.

I'm going for the Gwynn Lewis OME +5" kit plus the bracketry.

I spoke to Gwynn for a while yesterday & decided on the OME setup. Gwynn did suggest Rough Country shocks as an alternative but I'm happier paying a bit more for the Emu's as I've rarely heard a bad word about them. I sent Gwynn an email last night to confirm he's got the parts I want & I'll be ringing him later today to order. :i-m_so_happy:

I'd just like to give a big recommendation for Gwyn Lewis.

Even though he is extremely busy, he took about an hour out of his time to talk through what I wanted for my 90.

I ordered the stuff on Wednesday & it was delivered into my dirty little hands by thursday lunchtime. Excellent service, you can't get much better than that. :i-m_so_happy:

I'd just like to give a big recommendation for Gwyn Lewis.

Even though he is extremely busy, he took about an hour out of his time to talk through what I wanted for my 90.

I ordered the stuff on Wednesday & it was delivered into my dirty little hands by thursday lunchtime. Excellent service, you can't get much better than that. :i-m_so_happy:

bet we know what your doing this weekend, so get off & get them fitted.:D