Was there a TD5 Disco recall?

Les Henson

I vaguely remember a recall for fuel leak problems - was this on a TD5 Disco?

I looked at one today that has only done 50k miles and when the pump runs, fuel is squirted out from one of the filter pipes - close to the top of the tank. I can see the pipe clip up on the underside of the floor, but the pipes are not in it.

Looks like one of the pipes have rubbed against the chassis or other sharp edge and cut into it.

Les.

I vaguely remember a recall for fuel leak problems - was this on a TD5 Disco?

I looked at one today that has only done 50k miles and when the pump runs, fuel is squirted out from one of the filter pipes - close to the top of the tank. I can see the pipe clip up on the underside of the floor, but the pipes are not in it.

Looks like one of the pipes have rubbed against the chassis or other sharp edge and cut into it.

Les.

Les, my 1996 Disco V8 was recalled about two three years ago for the fuel tank, they fitted a complete new tank, interesting really as I was already off roading it and it was a little bit battle scarred.

FOC of course

Scrumps wifes car was recalled for a fuel line replacement

Hi,

Yes, the Sandbags TD5 was recalled. The dealer "cheated" on the recall and tried to thread the new sleeve down the pipe instead of removing the tank, hence the pipe chaffed through and diesel sprayed out all over the tank and the exhaust.

The nice man from Land Rover Assistance told me it was a good job she had only been down to the local shops and the exhaust wasn't hot as it could have been interesting if the diesel had caught light with a full PLASTIC fuel tank sat next to it.

I had the recall re-done at the dealers I now use (and recently bought my "new" 90 CSW from) and I've never been near the workshops of the dealer that we used to use. The service manager keeps sending me sweeteners to go back and can't seem to grasp why I ignore them!!!.

Scrumps

As said above there was a recall on the fuel lines as I got in to trouble at the dealer as I went in with a full tank!! well they said there was a recall on the fuel lines not on having to take the tank out to do it.

FYI there was another recall during ownership of that TD5 for the brake lines on the ABS pump IIRC??

Might be worth checking that as well.

Guest diesel_jim
Well T.H.White say that the recall was only in 2005 and doesn't include replacing the fuel lines. Something a bit smelly about this :(

Les.

What? T.H Whites trying to shirk out of something? never......... :unsure::unsure: