LEZ london emmision zone

Guest otchie1
will i soon be finding alot of pre 2001 tdi's up for sale as i understand landy's are affected as of 2010?

I know that my 1989 110CSW 2.5TD is not included as all private vehicles below about 3600cc are exempt.

I expect Red Ken to modify his criteria as time goes on though.

Guest otchie1
Read LRW March 2008, ALL pre Td5 90/110 inc series 3 vehicles will be affected from 2010...

Haven't seen that but TFL's webby clearly shows me as 'not subject to LEZ'

I simply plan to never set foot in the great Wen again until Red Ken is gone.

Guest otchie1
yes i got a copy of the lrw and it does say it affects us in 2010 im a hgv driver there are LEZ signes going up on m1 before the m25 junction does that mean the m25 is included?

Nah, even Ken can't tax the M25. Pretty much everything inside is included though.

It's a fecking liberty for these swamp dwellers to moan about diesel fumes in their river valley and not even have a damn power station or land fill site within miles. exercisers. The rest of us have to deal with their rubbish and their power generation pollution.

And don't even start me on light pollution :angry:

I simply plan to never set foot in the great Wen again until Red Ken is gone.

Who ever takes over from Red Ken will not remove or alter these unfair levies imposed upon motorists

The City of London is desperate for revenue due to the forthcoming Olympics and sadly we will pay the price as will those people who drive what Labour term as "gas guzzlers" We are just soft targets in the hard game of politics and I also wonder how much "green tax"is really put into real environmental matters.

From my understanding the LEZ will affect diesel commercial vehicles http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/default.aspx that don't meet the emissions standard. My yr2000 90CSW obviously should not fall into this because it is not a commercial vehicle but it is currently shown as liable from 2010. Having read a bit more I've established that this is because it was registered from new as body type 'light 4x4 utility' whereas that should be recorded as 'estate'. DVLA says that I need to write to them to get this corrected and TFL say that as they use the DVLA database their record will be updated before 2010.

So the LEZ will affect diesel hard top Land Rovers that were registered before 2002 and owners of station wagons will need to check their registration certificates or go onto the compliance check link at the url above and get their registration corrected. Another example of Land Rover confusion!