Xenon conversion on Disco 2 facelift

expat69

Nope but law states you must have headlight washers and auto adjusting headlights or suspension, to stop other road users getting dazzled.

I have recently fitted philiphs extra power bulbs to My 01 TD5, bloody amazing cost £20 of e-bay.

Road legal and no messing around, they really are good.

Lynall

Nope but law states you must have headlight washers and auto adjusting headlights or suspension, to stop other road users getting dazzled.

I have recently fitted philiphs extra power bulbs to My 01 TD5, bloody amazing cost £20 of e-bay.

Road legal and no messing around, they really are good.

Lynall

I have already Philips +80% bulbs (legal),

but my disco has headlamp washer and selfleveling suspension... so I can be legal with Xenon...

It doesn't matter what kind of suspension the vehicle has, it has to have an auto height adjusting system for the headlights.

Read 3rd paragraph from the bottom here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamps#HID...and_bi-xenon.29

You can read ECE Reg. 48 here: http://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp29/wp29r...-60.html#48r4c1

But, of course, one doesn't have to be legal, specially if he wants to pimp his ride :P

I have fitted Xenon kit to the old style D II. I bought an H4 kit from ebay £92 .There great I can see every thing, however it does blind every one else while on dip. There is a lot of background light have thought of fitting some beam benders. The head light lens is obviously not designed for the bulb so thats my input . The face lift version may help the background light problem.