defender back door glass

Hi

I am about to put the door glass in the new back door i sprayed yesterday, but am wondering what LR use for sealant to bed the glass onto - silicon is the obvious thought, but just thinking if there is anything that might be better...

Checked the tech archive, but cant find any reference - nor in the LR workshop manual ..

any thoughts much appreciated.

Use mastic tape or rubber strip or sealant as I do a combination of the 3.

Cheers,

As its easter Sunday, and I am supposed to be in church with all the shop staff I will have to wait until Monday for the mastic tape etc - as only Halfrauds forced their staff to go to church really early so they could open today - and of course they didnt stock it :lol:

I suppose you could try Wickes, the DIY/builders merchants. They use something very similar to seal their double glased units into wood frames. I built my Dad's conservatory with a whole bank of Wickes' wooden windows and can vouch for the effectiveness of their mastic strip.

press the sealant into the door frame glass apeture then gently press the glass into the sealant then fit the alloy strips & screws.

And of course, the stealers dont have any on stock, and they say landrover dont have any either! - i guess the new defender rear door is stuck in glass or rubber strip....

I never realised mastic strip would be so difficult to get hold of - B&Q, Wickes, Plumbcentre, howdens and all the local variants thereof went 'eh?' !!!

But all was not lost - the local glaziers use it for bedding sealed units into wooden frames. 16m for the same price as landrover wanted for 2.0m !!