Tool Sets

muzaz

Hi, I'm looking for a good quality tool set...not for landrover use obviously. Was looking at Facom and USAG, what you guys suggest?

Facom turned out to be bloody expensive, the tools I need totaling roughly 2600Eur :wacko: SnapOn is the same... USAG are not exactly cheap either but they seem to be limited when it comes to AF sizes which I need most.

Craftsman seem to fit the bill nicely, they got a lifetime warranty and cover AF sizes very well, with 12sided sockets in deep reach and standard lengths.

Dont know about quality tho.

I need tools which are trustworthy, in the sense that I dont want a socket slipping as I wouldnt have a spare bolt, I'd need a spanner to be slim and strong for areas with limited access etc. But in the same time I dont want to spend a fortune!

Any ideas and recommendations are welcome!

Hi thanks for the reccomendations, keep them coming... No we dont have Halfords here, well we have a lot of brands, but its either too cheap or too expensive...and apart from that AF sizes are a bit of a rare thing with some brands... for example you dont find 12pointed deep reach 1/4"drive sockets from 3/16" to 9/16" so easly!!

I have to check mostly from ebay or online shops hoping to find a bargain!

how about contacting Halfords and see if they'll send over? might do something strange with the guarantee though??

Unfortunately it looks like they dont ship overseas... and I havent seen any AF sockets or spanner sets... :(