Britpart TD5 Fuel filters

DaveA

After recently stripping down the fuel regulator following repeated mis-fires and regulator leaks, I found that the fuel "strainer" was full of paper / fluff, which looked like paper from the fuel filter element.

I know that the filter operates under fuel pressure (60psi?). Has anybody experienced any similar problems ? Is the genuine filter a better buy ?

Am I mis-understood I was hoping that the britpart LandRover Replacement was better than a cooper/fram?

I've just serviced my td5 and used britpart filters but that is because I've never had a problem.

I've had enough grief with Britpart stuff to know i wouldn't trust one of their 'wing-wong manufacturing company' filters as the only line of defence for my injection pump.

Coopers have been arround for years, as have Fram... i'd be deeply suspicious of anything Britpart were selling.

What about a Bosch fuel filter? do they do them for Td5's?

I agree with freeagent, stay well clear of the britpart stuff.

I had a britpart fuel filter for the 300tdi and it was carp, bought it as I was desperate for one, but it fitted badly and looked ****, I ordered a better one at the same time - can't remember make - then picked that up a few days later and threw the britpart one in the bin

I have seen problems with even some of the well known makes of filter in cold conditions with iffy diesel that is slightly prone to waxing. All I can say is that fitting a Genuine filter seemingly cured it.

Might not be down to biodiesel then?

Very observant! I did run some bio for a bit, and blocked up a couple of filters. It just seemed strange that the bits blocking the strainer looked just like paper particles.

I have read various articles about bio "cleaning" out fuel lines & blocking filters, but the filter itself ? I do now know that the TD5 is a bit more fickle about its fuel that the 300 was, which would run on just about anything !

You learn by your mistakes ...