BF Goodrich MT's

Hey,

I am looking at getting some new tyres for my 90 with 2 inch lift and have been offered some BF goodrich Mud Terrain's with 255/85 R16. Is this a good size and profile? Will these do fine for RTV? How much tread should they have left to consider buying?

Pete

Guest diesel_jim
An improvement on my 35 inch 12.5 r16.5 bfg AT's?

I'd say "yes",,, when i first built my 90 i had 35x10.6x16 BFG MT's, and went out laning thinking i was un stoppable, and i wasn't...

they were too wide and just slid around the place, even when aired down. the 255's are a little narrower so should help dig in to some grip.

they are available, not sure about in the uk yet though. they're only available in a pretty limited size range at the moment, mostly larger sizes i think.

unfortunately its a bit too early to tell what the wear rate will be in comparison to their predecessors, but in terms of performance they seem to have received a number of very favourable reviews.

I am on the cusp of replacing my MTs. Getting rather worn. Whats the score on the new version? Any idea of when they are due to be available?

They say September in "normal" sizes, at least in North America. As stated, they have been out around a year in 17 to 20 rim sizes.

can get 315's for a 16" rim, they'd fit on a 2" lifted 90. if you got busy with the scissors you could most likely get them on an unlifted one too.

if you roll on to a thread in the 'out and about section' jimfoo has posted some trail shots and there's a disco 2 running a set. not quite sure what size though.

can get 315's for a 16" rim, they'd fit on a 2" lifted 90. if you got busy with the scissors you could most likely get them on an unlifted one too.

if you roll on to a thread in the 'out and about section' jimfoo has posted some trail shots and there's a disco 2 running a set. not quite sure what size though.

OK, there is that one size 315/75/16, which is 35" x 12.5"..... Don't ask for the price!! Really, though, IMO, if you are doing 35s, get a full off road tyre.

I'm about to fit Maxxis 762 Bighorns in 255/85/16 (they are waiting for me at the tyre service) as I need tyres now. Last two sets have been BFG's in the same size, so it'll be interesting to see how they compare.