defender inner arches?

Gremlin

So as the evolution progresses on my series, the next step is curing my bulkhead troubles. My series bulkhead is cracked in various places (Thanks to our really smooth roads :P and too many offroad forays) and i have had enough of patching it! So i may be getting a late 200tdi defender bulkhead in very good nik (purists run away! :ph34r: ) complete with all the gubbins attached and grafting it to the series. Now fitting defender inner arches with series front wings will make up for some space in the engine bay and makes for a neater installation (bit crammed at the moment).

Now have any of you fitted def inner arches to a series chassis/wings, any pics or links?? Any pitfalls??

Grem

What about DVLA originalty points system thingy? Where do you for insurance etc as its not original or a like for like replacement im not criticising any mods people do but what happens if you get caught and they crush it? How do you prove that it is the same vehicle as the log book and plate say it is when it is made up of a mass of different parts from completely different vehicles all of different ages?

What about DVLA originalty points system thingy? Where do you for insurance etc as its not original or a like for like replacement im not criticising any mods people do but what happens if you get caught and they crush it? How do you prove that it is the same vehicle as the log book and plate say it is when it is made up of a mass of different parts from completely different vehicles all of different ages?

Read the DVLA points scheme regs carefully! You'll see bodywork accounts for zero points so you can do what the hell you like with it.

Jon

Agreed!

Especially if you don't live in the UK!

G.

PS: moves afoot to remove this freedom in the UK - in a couple of years the regulations will be much tighter (Main dealer lobby group has a lot of power). If you want to stop this might be a good time to write to your MP/MEP. Political rant over.

I suggest you park your SIII next to a Defender (do you know an owner?) and compare them. I have both and they are very different.

I know they are different! My dad owns a 110, i just wanted some specifics how people went about doing what i want to do, i am very sure others have done this. If not then wait for a long post on how to do it ;)

Grem

PS No worries about body changes over here, all sorts of things are grafted together.......