spot lamp luck!!!!

hi all,just wanted to share one of those fab ebay moments,i know you all are most likeley in bed but i won a huge pair of spotlamps brand new for 99p!! :rolleyes: couldnt believe it! theyre making there way onto the landy as soon as i get chance,i have a relay already but wondered if any one could explain simply how to wire them,i tend to struggle with wiring,thanks and kind regards to all!!

hi all,just wanted to share one of those fab ebay moments,i know you all are most likeley in bed but i won a huge pair of spotlamps brand new for 99p!! :rolleyes: couldnt believe it! theyre making there way onto the landy as soon as i get chance,i have a relay already but wondered if any one could explain simply how to wire them,i tend to struggle with wiring,thanks and kind regards to all!!

What a bargin, with my spots i ran a cable from the battery to pin 30 on the relay which is mounted under the front wing, and from number 87 to my spots (both of which using 2.5mm² cable). the other to terminals on the relay should be labled 85 and 86. take a cable from 85 down to ground (or back to the battery) this leaves terminal 86 for the switch, for mine i took it to the light stalk for the main beam (IIRC blue with a white stripe) to make this legal you should then have a switch in line with the main beam so that the spots can be isolated from the main lighting system.

HTH

Tris

Hurumph...

The last time that I managed to grab a 99p bargain, the seller suddenly discovered that it was damaged after the auction was over and so couldn't complete the deal.. (yeah, right...).

:(

What a bargin, with my spots i ran a cable from the battery to pin 30 on the relay which is mounted under the front wing, and from number 87 to my spots (both of which using 2.5mm² cable). the other to terminals on the relay should be labled 85 and 86. take a cable from 85 down to ground (or back to the battery) this leaves terminal 86 for the switch, for mine i took it to the light stalk for the main beam (IIRC blue with a white stripe) to make this legal you should then have a switch in line with the main beam so that the spots can be isolated from the main lighting system.

HTH

Tris

As ^^^^^^ but remember to put a suitably sized fuse in the main live feed from the battery as close to the battery as possible.

Guest diesel_jim
Dont mean to hyjack the thread but what dont you like about scotchloks?

in short......because they're cr@p.

They're the equivalent of using cable ties where nuts & bolts should be.

do a proper job; cut the cable, crimp on a spade or better still solder the wires and use heat shrink/self amalgamating tape.

HTH

Tris

Excuse my ignorance, but are Scotchloks those fold-over plastic things with connections for two wires on one side and one on the other, with a steel bridge that pushes through the wires to make the contact?

Excuse my ignorance, but are Scotchloks those fold-over plastic things with connections for two wires on one side and one on the other, with a steel bridge that pushes through the wires to make the contact?

thats the ones mate ;)