OT - where is this forum hosted?

Matt B

This is Invision Power board version 2.3.4

If you need more detailed info, the you will have to ask Trev or Geoff.

We have a dedicated server, which is a tad expensive (over £100 per month)

A shared server is considerably cheaper, but if you go over 80 people online at any one time, they don't like it, which is why we had to go dedicated as we have a few more than that :)

Just looked - 889 when I typed this.

Les.

I / X-Eng use FastHosts and CS New Media. Each has it's good and bad points - the main bad one for both is the time to fix it if it goes down. That's the reason I have a live version of the site on both and can re-point the DNS's fairly quickly.

At the moment, it's on CS New Media after fasthosts had a bit of a fiasco with passwords.

Both are pretty cheap at ~£100 per year.

Si

If you want fast reliable UK hosting backed by the best service around then i can wholly recommend register1 - i use them for several clients sites, both on their VDS, VDS Pro and dedicated server packages, never let me down, always there to help 24/7, answers in minutes, fast, reliable etc etc.

If you want fast reliable UK hosting backed by the best service around then i can wholly recommend register1 - i use them for several clients sites, both on their VDS, VDS Pro and dedicated server packages, never let me down, always there to help 24/7, answers in minutes, fast, reliable etc etc.

+1 All my hosting is with register one, they also do some nice co-location stuff for me.