Morning All!

Iceworx

Ello everyone. I have just purchased a 1994 Disco 1, in need of some TLC...

I wa actually googling "rear door seals" and I found this place. I have done some looking around and it seems you guys know lots!

So I thought I would join up in the hope I can glean some useful information, as I am sure I will have lots of questions.

Im quite mechanincally minded, but most of my knowledge lies mostly with jap engines, particularly nissans. I am also a gadget freak too, love my pc's and other electronic toys. Car audio, and the fabrication of is another hobby of mine, but not on a competition level.

When im not rattling about in the shed or under the 200sx i like taking my dog out for walks, and the occasional spot of fishing.

Anyway, I apologise for rambling on, but I thought I should introduce myself.

Regards

Chris

I wa actually googling "rear door seals" and I found this place. I have done some looking around and it seems you guys know lots!

So I thought I would join up in the hope I can glean some useful information, as I am sure I will have lots of questions.

Im quite mechanincally minded, but most of my knowledge lies mostly with jap engines, particularly nissans. I am also a gadget freak too, love my pc's and other electronic toys. Car audio, and the fabrication of is another hobby of mine, but not on a competition level.

When im not rattling about in the shed or under the 200sx i like taking my dog out for walks, and the occasional spot of fishing.

Regards

Chris

Good morning and welcome to the Forum Chris,

This Forum is a bottomless pit of information, and fun. Browse the Technical Archive section for starters.

Enjoy!

Thys

Hello, good morning, and welcome... :)

..>

1994 Disco 1, in need of some TLC...

<...>

Im quite mechanincally minded,

<..>

I am also a gadget freak

<..>

When im not rattling about in the shed

<...

Sounds like you'll fit right in!

ThreeSheds

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I've been out cleaning the disco all day...

Started out shampoo'ing the interior with the vax, 60L of dirty gritty water, and things are starting to look and smell a lot better.

Sorted out the rear door today as well, no more leaks. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I've been out cleaning the disco all day...

Started out shampoo'ing the interior with the vax, 60L of dirty gritty water, and things are starting to look and smell a lot better.

Sorted out the rear door today as well, no more leaks. :lol:

hi iceworks

now all you got to do is take it out abd get it muddy its the best bit of owning one lol

Regards

Chris

Did you find anyone to supply the door seals? I know of a company that sells on ebay, that sells it by the metre, £4.20 from memory

Did you find anyone to supply the door seals? I know of a company that sells on ebay, that sells it by the metre, £4.20 from memory

I didnt replace the door seal, i took the spare off, and used a hydraulic press to lift the door whilst I unbolted the hinges and re-tightened them :)

onlt took 15 or so minutes

now i've got tot strip downt he steering box and rebuild that :)