Glitch

I have a strange electrical glitch?

Ok, this started like this:

When I put my key in the ignition and turn it to any postion my rear side lights come on? Sometimes (not all) the front side lights come on quites low, and when I toutch the break they get brighter.

Now it only does this:

Everything is fine, until I turn on my sidelights. If I switch them off, both the front and the back stay on dimily... The front ones also get brighter when the break is pushed?

Anyone had such a glitch before?

(it was like this before the Xenon upgrade)

Guest diesel_jim

EARTH FAULT without a doubt.

i suspect because you fitted the Xenon kit, it has it's own earth,and you've probably disconnected the earth from the back of the headlights.

black cable, strap it (or them, if its both sides) back to the inner wing point and all should be well again.

its not the Xenon kit, it was like this before I put this in. Earth is solid for those too.

I my head I think it is an earth fault, but I really can't think where it is?

Could it be something in the rear tail lights? But I guess it's hard to say really...

I read elswhere that you have LED bulbs fitted. This may be a factor, does it do the same with incandescent bulbs fitted? LED bulbs need only a tiny current to illuminate a little and even good earths on LRs are often not all that good.

Chris

I read elswhere that you have LED bulbs fitted. This may be a factor, does it do the same with incandescent bulbs fitted? LED bulbs need only a tiny current to illuminate a little and even good earths on LRs are often not all that good.

Chris

Hey chris

thanks for this.

It is a water issue...

River runners could be the best bet but they are not cheap.

I think they might not be that water tight...

It's a Land Rover - course they aren't :lol: .

I bought a full Wipac replacement set from eBay - about £24 I think and then followed Western's train of thought and drilled holes in the bottom, as after a rain shower the lenses had a LOT of condensation inside which was beginning to pool up at the bottom.

Not had a problem since I fitted them - they were the full light fitting, rubber boot and all cables. Just minus the bulb (I used the old ones).

Cheers

Matt2

re: the hole drillin do you find that water mud etc can get through the hole or does this not happen (just before i get drill happy)

ta

dave

only if you insist on drowning the LR in very deep mud/water, not had any problems since drilling my front lights as mentioned above.

Gonna try it anyway, a really small hole will be fine, just to let the condensation out as western says.

yesterday I put some electrical tape around the light, over the foam bit, this 'should' help, gonna try it later since it's been raining all day...