Synthetic winch line

Hi all.

I have just received my sythetic winch line through which i bought from a fellow member, it looks fine but i have one problem.

I thought assumed that a sythetic line or any winch line for that matter woul dhave the looped end for your hook, and the other end would have a little crimped (or similar) fixing in which you use to attach it to the winch drum. Now the line has arrived and the drum end of it is just the end of the rope, no loop or anything, is this right??

And how do i make sure it stays on my winch??

cheers, and sorry for being dim :unsure: .

Goaty

I have to say though there is lots of doom and gloom on that thread about using battery terminals as fixing eyes, that's what is on mine and I have never had any hint of a problem with it, I always make sure the first half of the bottom layer is on good and tight though.

i had problems with crimps coming off the end of my rope so after reading a thread on here i tried gaffer tape/duck tape to attatch it to the drum, its unbelievably brilliant, never had a problem since and its on an uprated milemarker pulling at around 7000kg, its so easy, try it :D

cheers

martin

Another vote for splicing it around the drum- I had numerous problems with the terminal on the end of my plasma coming off and then when I sorted that the damn bolt took to shearing off! Since splicing it has caused no problems at all- appart from the end plate of the winch falling off... no fault of the splicing though!!