Charity Team Challenge 2008

The All Wheel Drive Club is pleased to announce a Charity Team Challenge event.

To be held at Lamb's Lair, West Harptree, Avon on Sunday 8th June 2008.

ALL PROFITS FROM THIS EVENT WILL BE DONATED TO DORSET AIR AMBULANCE

Teams will consist of 2 vehicles, one may be equipped with multiple winches & difflocks, the other may only be equipped with one winch (winches & difflocks not permissable for this event must be disabled to the satisfaction of the scrutineers)

Entry fee is £60 per vehicle, pre-entries only. Current entry limit is 15 teams (30 Cars). Entry closing date is 1st June 2008

Both vehicles in the team must collect a punch for it to score.

Full details and entry form can be found in the attached PDF file.

Further details including sponsors and other associations to be announced as soon as possible.

Charity_Team_Challenge_2008.pdf

Teams committed so far:

Elwyn Griffiths/Ryan Gethin + Rob Jones/Darren Chesher

Peter Jackson/Richard Norris + Sue Gawne/Kevin Moss

Simon Madwick + TBC

Zoltan Guzi/Lee Marchant + Chris Berryman/tbc

A minimum of 10 teams (20 cars) will ensure that this event goes ahead

Sadly Peter I think you might be right :(

I had thought that all those people disappointed by the cancellation of the Euro and those who weren't planning to do it would welcome the opportunity.

There are quite a few challenge events that have been cancelled or scaled down this year due to lack of entries.

I wonder if the price of fuel and media-fuelled impending financial doom may be putting people off?

The Mini Night Challenge at the AWDC's forthcoming 40th weekend is similarly in jeopardy with just a handful of entries :blink:

Answers on a postcard please...

I had thought that all those people disappointed by the cancellation of the Euro and those who weren't planning to do it would welcome the opportunity.

There are quite a few challenge events that have been cancelled or scaled down this year due to lack of entries.

I wonder if the price of fuel and media-fuelled impending financial doom may be putting people off?

The Mini Night Challenge at the AWDC's forthcoming 40th weekend is similarly in jeopardy with just a handful of entries :blink:

Answers on a postcard please...

Don't know if its too late to change around but could the night challenge be changed to either the Friday night or Sat night, therefore more poeple may be able take part if they are commited to being home on Monday, it would certainly be better for me! :rolleyes:

£130 in fuel +£120 entry is to much for one day for me.

Same here , Date clash with LRW show ,Eastnor .

Bit gutted as West Harptree is right on my doorstep

It seems there are a lot of extra events on this year ,so i guess get the dates in early after a great deal of research .

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a shame its cancelled, i just cancelled a Daily Driver event due this Sat as well. Theres definitely alot of interest but not many takers of late for anything outside the norm!