Rubber spring isolators

I have been given a couple of spring isolators from a Disco II. Question is if I should take the trouble to fit them on the front springs?

Anybody who has installed them on a 90/110? Will they make any difference in noise, vibrations etc?

They add about 10-12mm to the height.

Fitting them requires removal of the existing turret mounting ring, so it rather depends on being able to remove the 4 retaining nuts.

You will also have to undo the lower shock mount, to enable you to remove the shock & spring.

If it all comes apart it is not particularly difficult.

I have them on mine, along with rear isolators from an RRC. They probably make a small difference to the ride quality.

Rod

• 5 weeks later...

just a bit of related info,

I've just fitted these to the rear springs on a 90 today - at the top and bottom of the springs, and it's added 16mm to the ride height.

Cant tell you if theres any difference in the ride I'm afraid - I only bought two and was just going to fit them above the springs but curiosity got the better of me and I need to get some for the other side now. :)

Well, since the discussion proceeds...

I fitted a ring on top of each front spring. And yes, there might be a little improvement. Hard, sharp and low obstacles, like a manhole protruding a little above the tarmac feels a little softer when hitting them. If there was any reduction in noise is hard to say because there is plenty anyway. :P

I didn't feel up to undoing the dampers, so I simply cut each ring in two halves, put a stand under the chassis and a trolley jack under the axle. Put a spring compressor on the spring just to keep it and dropped the axle. The two halves were just pushed into place. No problems as far as I can see, the spring holds them firmly onto the spring seat.