Steering Damper-Shock Absorbers

When I order (from Paddock-Monroe Adventire Gas-NO LIFT) an new one -- does it come with NEW bush,washer and nut???

What is better ARMSTRONG or MONROE--?

Yes it will. I suspect that Armstrong and monroe would be similar. Better options would be OEM, DeCarbon or OME.

Cheers

Steve

I use De Carbon dampers & standard springs all round & an Old Man Emu steering damper. I only do gentle greenlaning & occasional off-roading at Play days. My vehicle is suited to all-round use & I think my current set up is great. I am tempted to put OME's all round, but it would probably be a waste of money, as what I have now is just fine.

For on road only I do not think OME is value for money. Any reasonable gas pressurised shock will be a huge improvement over the standard shocks.

I would look at deCarbon or if you can stretch to it, Bilstein. I had Bilstein on my RR and they transformed on road handling. The drawback with Bilstein is to get longet shocks for lifted vehicles you have to spend a LOT of money or use lowered shock mounts which is not ideal.

For on road only I do not think OME is value for money. Any reasonable gas pressurised shock will be a huge improvement over the standard shocks.

Could not agree with you more Bish. Thats why I went De Carbon & standard springs for my own use. If I used my vehicle more aggresively, then OME's all round would be my first choice, but for what I do, my current set-up is great.

Could not agree with you more Bish. Thats why I went De Carbon & standard springs for my own use. If I used my vehicle more aggresively, then OME's all round would be my first choice, but for what I do, my current set-up is great.

I am with this.. I considered OME but had gove way up over my budget and had to drink soups and be "cheapy" coupled by a misery life... I chose a normal devron decarbon and britpart shocks.. A look at it.....

post-7610-1211015324_thumb.jpg

de Carbon--44 euro

OME --70 euo

bilstein---35 euro

Koni--60 euro

Monroe --28euro

Armstong- 10 euro

Britpart Super Gas-32 euro

This are the prices,I can nt afford OME :blush: but I am intersed between Moroe-Armstrong-Bilstein-BritPart ?

My problem is theat our roads are :angry: DISASTROUS :angry: !!!!!

If someone had used such ---Can you tell abut Longevity of them ?Do the amstrong come with new bushes ?

de Carbon--44 euro

OME --70 euo

bilstein---35 euro

Koni--60 euro

Monroe --28euro

Armstong- 10 euro

Britpart Super Gas-32 euro

This are the prices,I can nt afford OME :blush: but I am intersed between Moroe-Armstrong-Bilstein-BritPart ?

My problem is theat our roads are DISASTROUS !!!!!

If someone had used such ---Can you tell abut Longevity of them ?Do the amstrong come with new bushes ?

I have positive words for Bilstein actually and yes they all follow with new Bushes.... I guess it would be wrong to sell without them??

dantd5--Yes.But for me is better to ask EXPERIENCED people--like people from this GREAT forum! :i-m_so_happy:

With the CAPS LOCK on Ebdesign I hope you are not Yelling at me.. It sounds a bit RUDE if you ask me.... This is a forum were we have a freedom of speech.. I was besides just helping by using my little knowledge ( I might be totally S#$%P@D and D#%B)...but I have had many cars .. done loads of Fitting and voicing out my thought should be allowed..This is just a way of learning!!!! Next time keep the locks off..... <_<:angry2:

:i-m_so_happy: Thanks for that Ebdesigh- very glad for that... That was really nice.. Lets get to the topic .. I guess we can get emotional sometimes when it comes to our hobbies you know.. That was real nice. Appologies accepted... :rolleyes: ... Have you bought any dampers or shocks so far?.. :unsure:

I had Bilstein (yellow) on my RR in Montreal, Canada for years with no problems, including one weekend up north when the overnight temp dropped to -60 C. :blink::blink:

At the price they are offered at, I would go for the Bilsteins. Excellent quality. Just make sure they are the yellow ones. the black ones are inferior IIRC.

The quality of Britpart products can leave a lot to be desired...

"Brit"part is often quoted as "Sh!t"part............

I would add that I have no experience of tehir super Gaz shocks at all.

I would also reiterate that I would go for the Bilsteins.