Wrens nest

Just walking past my Defender last night and noticed a Wren fly out from under it. Also noticed the Wren was flying in a suspicious manner. Quick look under vehicle revealed a nest in the rear crossmember where the chassis joins it, next to the jacking points. No eggs in it yet.

What are the options:

Ring Bill Oddie, Remove it, Drive carefully or contact Land Rover who will offer to lend me a new Puma for a couple of months as a publicity stunt?

MINESAPINT

Please don't touch the nest or move the vehicle.

Not that you are likely to be caught, but all British birds and their habitat (including nests etc regardless of the presence of eggs) are protected by law.

Besides, by leaving it be you are doing your bit for the environment to offset your gas guzzling 4x4!! :lol:

Not that you are likely to be caught, but all British birds and their habitat (including nests etc regardless of the presence of eggs) are protected by law.

Buy a cat, let nature take its course and you cannot possibly be held responsible. (Just kidding guys...)

I recently read an artilce on the BBC News website about a Constabulary that had to sideline a squad car due to a bird nest in the wheel arch

i have a few wrens around the place here , they are tough little birds .

you shouldnt have any problem taking the nest away , they will just rapidly make a new one somewhere else.

remember they are up when the sun comes up and dont sleep till its gone down , and get a lot done in a day .

chances are that if your vehicle was only parked up overnight, they only started making the nest at dawn and had it finished in the few hours before you got up .

you are lucky to have a wren near you at all , they arent that common especially with the way todays housing has no green areas for them to use as habitats .

i guess the wren remembered that the best chance to get back into the "green" countryside was to hitch a ride in a landy .

Buy a cat, let nature take its course and you cannot possibly be held responsible. (Just kidding guys...)

I recently read an artilce on the BBC News website about a Constabulary that had to sideline a squad car due to a bird nest in the wheel arch

Guest diesel_jim

Besides, by leaving it be you are doing your bit for the environment to offset your gas guzzling 4x4!! :lol:

would be interesting if this went to court....

trying to prosecute Mr Pint for disturbing the nest, i wonder if his defence could counter claim the inland revenue/mortgage people/credit card people/etc (in fact, everyone he owes money to or needs bills paying)

"sorry m'lud, i can't get to work because my car is mow immobile, so can i be let off paying any tax/bills etc?"

<_< I think the Environmental Protection Department must sponsor this.. I would have called the MIRROR and got some pics on this .. A chronicle most likely be written on this... " The Defender that Harnessed the Wren Nest" and yeah the rich "Grand Uncles" will call you and most likely buy your Defender.... :P .. Hey remember you will be a celebrity...... :blink:

Sorry, leaving the vehicle parked for a couple of months is not an option, it is my only transport. I did remove the nest this morning and within a couple of hours "he" had rebuilt it. I thought it might have represented a months hard labour although found this difficult to comprehend as it would have been underwater yesterday morning. I hope to be able provide alternative nesting sites if someone can give me some ideas.

Thanks

MINESAPINT