Fabrication help needed

bishbosh

Anyone out there fancy making me some "stools" for a B pillar internal hoop on a 90?

I had a go but just couldn't make anything accurately enough for my liking - couldn't get the angle right!

These are to weld onto the top of the "A" frame cross member with a top plate that is below the floor of the tub with holes in it to allow the hoop to be bolted down onto it.

As I have the tub off the truck at the moment I thought it would be the best time to put them on with easy access before I do the cage a bit later. (Like once it has an engine etc!!)

Of course, folding beer tokens available!

Cheers,

Bish.

I couldn't cut it Si.

I have an angle "copier" rather than "measurer" so could transfer the correct angle to the piece, but couldn't cut it accurately enough to end up with a good fit for welding and the top plate parallel to the bottom plate. :(

Are you making something that sits purely on top of the chassis rail or somthing that goes over like a saddle? I would have throught the later would be easier than trying to match the exact angle on top of the chassis rail. This is the mount on my old 90.

Bish,

Sounds like you're sorted with the above, but here's my stool sample and gusset:

23052008738s.jpg

I didn't fab it myself but it looks like box section on a saddle, with a gusset down the side and one across the other side (not shown). Not as simple as Mark's one and still needs your silly angle cuts.

Well, due to time constraints and some advice from Mr BBC ;) I bought some prefabbed ones from QT for rather a lot of money :blink: as it turns out, but needs must I suppose.

At least these ones are the correct angle and parallel!

Just got to weld them on now....

Dave - thanks for the offer, maybe for the next stage I shall be dropping you a line... <_<:huh: