Td5 oil pressure gauge

Id like to fit an oil pressure gauge and a volt meter to my defender 2002.

Is there anything (apart from nanocom etc) that can be plummed into socket or does each gauge have to go to the engine.

I see turbo pressure gauges as well, that would be nice !

Where to get them and where to plumb them into though... Do they come as kits?

turbo boost gauge connects straight to the turbo boost pipeline via a T joint piece & it's illumination can be connected to the existing gauges illumination. Voltmeter is fairly easy to connect to the vehicle, using a VDO voltmeter connect to a ignition controlled feed off the ign switch [usually a White wire]

I've not seen a specific oil pressure gauge for a Td5 engine but highly suspect that VDO could supply a suitable gauge & sender unit & connection parts,

have a look at Europa Spares happy hunting :D

Nic,

Have a look here .

These chaps ship from SA and is a nice compact unit that'll monitor more things than you can shake a stick at :) , I have one and I'm really pleased with it. Simon at X-Eng was thinking about bring these in but I'm not sure if he went through with it.

HTH

Mo

• 4 years later...

I am half way through removing/repairing the loom on my '99 Td5 and am planning to tidy up the extra electrical bits and add a few more bits and bobs on a MUD console or similar.
However a search dragged up this thread with this fancy sparco toy.
On the basis that I am doing most of the wiring myself (yes, in this weather and in an unheated garage) I may be able to treat myself to a present in lieu of a big garage bill.
I cannot find any reference to this on the Sparco site (it look more like an advert for the Fast and the Furious).
I remember that somebody else made something similar too.
Any ideas as I understand that the ScanGuage products do not work on the '99 model due to ODB2 not being the LR electronic languange of choise.
Thanks