roof leaks....

expat69

Here we go... THE leak...

It is not the sunroof, it is not the wind screen...

Disco td5 was parked nose up, heavy rain (you may have noticed over the WE if you leave roubd London...)

moved the car, nose goes downhill, and it was the shower.... lots of water running through the front seat belt opening... the headling above the rear door got wert from inside as well...

This was the first time I parked it nose up under heavy rain...

so ???

- alpine window ?

- gutter?

- sunroof ? even if I don't believe that one (I had it before... different result)

else ???

Both sunroofs have the drain tubes at the front so by parking uphill maybe you filled the rear of the drain tray to its max and as you put it onto the car onto the flat as the water went from back to front it spilled over the sides?

Lynall

If you were to venture out of town, have a look for bale wrap repair tape.

It's very sticky and about 5" wide and not very expensive. I've given up on both of my d2's leaking and taped them up.

Problem solved :)

Mr Orange's D2 leaks a the top of the rear door - it doesn't quite reach the rubber, and he ends up with a pool on top of the roller boot cover.... not sure how that could end up in the headlining, bt it could be a good place to check?

Mark

Here we go... THE leak...

It is not the sunroof,

He He ......................you sure? :rolleyes:

I think you need to view this website Leaks Link

It's specifically for 200 and 300 series Discoveries but I think you'll find the pictures, and advise are topical for your Discovery 2 as I I'm pretty certain the sunroof cassettes and the drains are the same.

Good Luck.

He He ......................you sure? :rolleyes:

I think you need to view this website Leaks Link

It's specifically for 200 and 300 series Discoveries but I think you'll find the pictures, and advise are topical for your Discovery 2 as I I'm pretty certain the sunroof cassettes and the drains are the same.

Good Luck.

Hi ...

Very Familiar...been there.. etc etc.

Check the front gutter joint over the Windscreen, on the side that leaks. You'll find that there may be a very small crack in the paint/joint.

IMG_3620-disco-roof-leak.jpg

I had to remove the front pilar plastic and loose the nice use-once-throw-away clips that hold it on. Then unclip the bit of plastic at the front of the gutter. Look inside over the windscreen and you'll see the crack.

Mine was caused by too much weight on the roof rack (4 patio doors) and going round a corner to quickly :-( !

Put some marine grade black silicone in the gaps and rub it in. Then put some more in. When its dry, clean the area - dont block the drain ! Water is supposed to run down the windscreen side of this "drain".

Hope this helps,

Simon